More Shock questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CORPO

Buildin' it his way, one piece at a time...
Doing some more searching into selecting my shocks. Im now looking into tube shocks after looking deeper into the lever arm shocks and thinking they wont work as I hope.

Anyway I am looking for some stiff shocks for the front of my ride, and was thinking an adjustable damper set up could be nice, anyway I found these drag shocks from competition engineering while surfing ebay. After looking into them some more they say that they aren't for street use.

Can someone tell me why that would be?

Or can someone suggest some stiff shocks, they also need to have a large travel range, and I would prefer no dust covers, and shocks with both bolt ends, not the stud style end

hopefully this makes sense.. thanks guys

See if the parts store you trade at will loan you a paper catalog if they have one. All their shocks should be listed by stroke length and mounting style.

Google the Monroe shocks website, you can download the entire shock spec catalogue, it gives you all the different ends and extended/compressed lengths.
Other more expensive options would be Billistein or Koni shocks, you can adjust their damping rates, also Edelbrock is even in the shock game with adjustable billet shocks. Yet another is AirRide - they have some new shocks and might be good place to look as they are familiar with damping air springs and the need for controlling their inherent springiness as pressures rise,

Latest posts

Back