1946 ford 1 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ins2g8r

hello, looking for advice on what rear end to swap into my new project, 46 ford 1 ton, was thinking a 9 inch, and also want to get the cab to sit on the ground when parked, which I think means air bags. anybody with info on what to get to do this ? thanks, rat rod newbie.

I wonder what amount of hp they can take. I know the newer ones have disc brakes, which I would like, just need to measure my stock rear end to find one close to it.

What horse power are you realistically going to have?
Also, are you going to run a manual or auto tranny?
Stock suspension or ladder bar, 4 link, CalTracs ?
All of this makes a difference whether any drive train stays with ya.
The 8.8 should live happily behind 450 hp

I have a 468 ci BBC but am thinking turbo ls 5.3. Probably around 500 hp. Probably hit the drag strip a few times with slicks, but 99% will be just street driving on weekends. Been talking with people on trans. Probably 700r4. Rear would be 4 link I think. Still trying to find out what would be best parts for what I am trying to do. Drag raced motorcycles for 22 years, first time building anything like this.

I think 9" will be your best choice.
Have you started a build thread yet?

That's what I was thinking also, as far as a build thread, no not yet, still trying to figure out how to upload pictures. just got the truck up to my new garage last Wednesday, still have to wire the outlets and run the power out to it, may be a slow start on it as garage is 60 miles north of our house. going to do a lot more reading to figure out how to do what I want with truck. I will start one tho, thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back