Air ride and shocks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken47int

Most people are probably running air bags in the rear. So the question is what kind of shocks are you running, with your bags?

Most people are probably running air bags in the rear. So the question is what kind of shocks are you running, with your bags?

I run Monroe Matic plus's, their spec sheet is available on line. I just looked through it till I found the end style and collapsed/extended lengths/ travel I wanted. Then check the application to make sure they won't be too heavy.

I have put both friction style and gas shocks on my air ride setups. I have used speedways shoet travel shocks. The friction shocks are cool for the fact that they are easy to make move the distance the need to and they look cool

I did the same as Dozer. Adjusting the angle of how they are mounted will also affect how stiff they are, and how much they travel.

Good point Sam fear. Have you experimented much with different angles? I've always wanted to do a friction set up on my front. I'm just running short shocks now. I feel like my rear suspension set up is lagging tho. It works and is functional like it should, but I feel like there is something there to gain for all around handling. I'd like to experiment with different compression and rebound. It seems like with air bags standard shocks made for leaf springs might need a different valve set up because of the different air pressures and handling you get with bags.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back