49 dodge truck B1B front axle.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valleyveiw

is it possible to move it forward ? and can you bolt it to the frame ? hate to sound like a dumb a*# but this is my first time doing anything like this.

why are you wanting to move it forward ? if you are going to run front fenders then you will have to stretch the fenders. if you are not running fenders then you need to remove the hump out of the doors or it will look funny. in the pics you can see what im talking about. the second pic is is my truck i need to move the front wheels back on mine already moved the rear end back. get a hold of me if you need any info. on those old dodges. skull is a good guy to talk to he is building one too. oh and wendle did a good job on his another good guy to talk to. im sure there are others but i cant think of any right now. pic 1 is the cab you can see the hump in the door. pi 2 is the fender stretch photo shop. pic 3 is the front wheel moved back also photo shop.

Attachments

• cab 1.jpg
    cab 1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20110416_112607.jpg
    IMG_20110416_112607.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20110416_112607 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20110416_112607 - Copy.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 28
not sure how far i want to move it yet. I wont be running any fenders just the a grill , and i really don't like the look of all that frame sticking out , so i wanted to move it forward and cut off as much frame off the front as possible. thx.

Do a search on this site using elliptic and suicide. This might be the kind of front end solution you're looking for. There are lots of builds on this site using 1/4 elliptic springs with a suicide style axle setup. You already have the springs and axle, they just need to be re-configured.

Do a search on this site using elliptic and suicide. This might be the kind of front end solution you're looking for. There are lots of builds on this site using 1/4 elliptic springs with a suicide style axle setup. You already have the springs and axle, they just need to be re-configured.
Cool! thanks for the help Mr. Klink!

Latest posts

Back