1928 Model A pickup original

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gacannon

I have a 28 Ford closed cab PU in another barn. Want to get it out and make a few changes. Drove Model A's for many years buying my first one at age 16 so I am very familiar with how they handle and run.

That said, to heck with being original. I want hydraulic brakes now and 12 volts. The two biggest problems with model A fords are the brakes and that 6 volt system.

I am familiar with the 40 thru 48 hydralic brake conversion but seems like the parts are very expensive or hard to get used.

Any recommendations on going to hydraulic brakes on my model A.
]
I have had some real panic stops with those mechanical brakes. Many times gripping the steering wheel and standing on the brake pedal with my right hand pulling the E brake for all its worth.

Must have something better now days. Comments welcome
Email is [email protected] or reply to post.

I posted on my 28 ford PU hot rod now completing. I want to get the other 28 original closed cab PU back on the road so me and my brother can scoot around together like we used to do in the 60's. Not getting any younger, but getting smarter for sure.

Thanks

Bob in Ga.

Latest posts

Back