Is this wrong of me??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
So I have a complete C5 Corvette chassis again. Frame, all suspension, diff, 6 speed and torque tube. I have plenty of LS motors that can power it. But my A.D.D. is kicking in and I want to skin it in aluminum like a Can Am race car (only it would be front engine) and drive it around. Is this wrong of me??

I have this minus the rear tub, windshield and dash...

and this is my idea that I want it to look like...

I thought you were broke? [S :D

I'm not sure how you'll pull this off... the 'vette's cowl and engine sit pretty high by comparison... maybe some photochop work in order?

I thought you were broke? [S :D

I'm not sure how you'll pull this off... the 'vette's cowl and engine sit pretty high by comparison... maybe some photochop work in order?

Me stacks of cash are not what they used to be for sher...:D

I was thinking of ditching the stock cowl and making a slight bump in the "hood" area...maybe adding an injection stack like the chaparell's had...

zzrodder can build you a body in about 3 days.[;)
Probably less for flat panels like this![cl

This is just my A.D.D. brain playing games with me....Though I do have everything to make it stop and turn...[P

Chevrolet and Chaparral... perfect!

Howsabout a slab-sided Chaparral 2J lookalike?

Chaparral-2J-Chevrolet-1577.jpg

Hey if it has an engine and wheels you can do no wrong[cl
It's all about being inventive and different, yes [S
Have fun with it and keep in the loop :D

Attachments

• 32-Hot-Rod-1.jpg
    32-Hot-Rod-1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 32-Hot-Rod-2.jpg
    32-Hot-Rod-2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 32-Hot-Rod-3.jpg
    32-Hot-Rod-3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 32-Hot-Rod-4.jpg
    32-Hot-Rod-4.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 20
if you are thinking outside the norm, like most here do, try this one for a project, find a old coupe body and go nuts
http://www.musclecarszone.com/mad-max-inspired-hot-rod-formula-1-bolid-1932-ford-3-window-coupe/

I have a rough 29 Essex body....[P

That's kinda cool! I actually looke3d for some kind of vette body, C5R, 63 race body etc...Just got side tracked with race, then IMSA, then Can Am...[cl

I never say lol... but in this case, LOL. :D

Would I have to put the 2 giant hair dryers on the back?? :D

Latest posts

Back