Life....Hahahaha!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
So I've been squirreling a nice little stack O cash for when I want to really get busy on one of my projects (read - buy another project) when out of the blue a guy calls me from a couple towns away. He asks if I still have the dropped I beam front end with the Pete and Jakes hair pins...Yes I do. Can he look at them...yes he can...Long story short he looks, he likes, he buys without dickering. The Day after I have my little squirrel stash more than doubled I blow a tire on the trailblazer ss, my wife's windshield cracks and my daughters car needs 2 tires and brakes for inspection....*sigh* At least I got to hold the little green paper guys for a day before they flew out the window....:(

Doing' well a guy could have a bad day because of all the new bills,,,,,,,,or he could say to himself, glad the fellow bought the front end parts when he did. Nother' deal around the corner.

That's kinda been my whole summer...just not money per se

April....Was back to working on the project....tore the kitchen apart to remodel, and BAM.....screwed up the knee at work...everything comes to screeching halt...surgery, rehab and down time, it's now Sept, knee healing but still uncomfortable...start to plan on getting things back on track and BAM, daughters car loses the water pump, father in law goes to hospital, my truck pukes the trans, things go nutz at work and my wife gets sinus infection...life seems to get in the way doesn't it?? :(

FYI. (Side Note)..doing a water pump on a 2002 Chrysler Mini Van with a 3.8 V6 Sucks big time..especially lying on your back in the driveway of the pole barn because your hoist is tied up with the Pontiac I haven't touched all summer.....I hate Chrysler products.... :D

I always try to turn my hot rod money back into hot rod stuff but sometimes the family just has to come first. And I refuse to go into debt for life's normal expenses. My squirrel stash is still where it was before and now everyone has new safe parts in their rigs. Mine is AWD so I can't go out and do something silly like burn the new tires off [cl

And I did take 1/2 a day to myself to start another LS engine build...I know, shocker right? This will be a 6.0L square port head motor built on the cheap that may or may not be going into a 91 Volvo wagon I scored from CA...

Latest posts

Back