Finally scored an ironworker

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
So after searching long and hard for 3 years I finally landed a Uni-Hydro 42-14 sls ironworker. It doesn't look like it has much time on it. Best part is I got it for $1500! [cl

thats an awesome machine. I owned a Peddinghaus when I had my blacksmith shop. once you`ve got one, you know what you`ve been missing [cl

That's one heck of a deal! I paid twice that for mine about 7 years ago.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Iron worker.jpg
    Iron worker.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 92
I'm fairly certain the guy had no idea what it was worth. Spent about an hour fixing a couple of minor issuses like the stroke adjustment rods were stuck. Swapped out the plug so it works with my shop and added some grease. My daughter got the honor of stepping on the pedal to shear some 1/4" plate to see how it's working. Then I started on making a punch station table.

And dropped another $750 on punch tooling...A full round set, some squares for iron fencing work and some oblongs for bolt slots...[P

Remember, keep your fingers out of it.:eek:

Absolutely! It will punch a nice clean hole right through your finger too!:eek:

I'm kinda dense on machinery like this, what does it do? Never been around one.

In layman's terms it can shear, notch or punch holes in thick material. This model can punch a 1" hole through a piece of 1/2" plate steel in about 7 seconds. Imagine the time required to drill the same hole in the same material. There are other functions it can do like shearing angle iron, rod stock as well as punch odd shaped holes like squares, rectangles, hex shapes etc.

Latest posts

Back