48 DODGE Pilot House Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys
this truck is gonna be the cats ass when he gets done.
i cant wait and it's not even mine!
radical
powerful
cool as hell
and even comfy?!?

don't even get me started about that stuff....

Thanks Sarge.
If I could just find some full days to work on it we could be rolling
in no time.
That's probably a lie, cause for every step forward I end up taking
Two back.
Someday.

I've hesitated to even post all the stuff that's been going on at my place....seems like everytime I plan on doing something....life gets in the way....and the job....and the kids, my in-laws medical issues, on and on and on.....Thank goodness for the Lord cause he knows I been consulting him a lot lately.... :D

I've hesitated to even post all the stuff that's been going on at my place....seems like everytime I plan on doing something....life gets in the way....and the job....and the kids, my in-laws medical issues, on and on and on.....Thank goodness for the Lord cause he knows I been consulting him a lot lately.... :D

I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes I think it's not worth it anymore then the good Lord lets me know who is really in control and I know all I can do is trust in Him and keep pluggin and praying for His guidance.

Fuel tanks...

I took two old outdated 30# propane tanks and made fuel tanks for the
Dodge hoopty. A little drilling, a little welding, and a few fittings and I've got a hair over 17 gallon capacity with a site guage so I know how much fuel I don't have.

I liked the fact that they are just over the height of the bed and don't block the windows any. Yet another color added to the mix.

Also just about got the bed floor roughed in. I plan on hinging the floor
for access.

Steering parts should be here tomorrow so I can get that figured out.
Speedway didn't want to pay the shipping to return Tach and u joints.
I guess they think they are saving money somewhere but I don't know where.

Attachments

• IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4188.jpg
    IMG_4188.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4192.jpg
    IMG_4192.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4195.jpg
    IMG_4195.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 71
Walking away

This thing is making my head hurt so I'm going to take the jeep, go to the mountains and kill some coyotes.

Got to do my part in the predator control.
Those suckers are getting way over populated and killing too many young deer and elk.

Maybe if I leave the Dodge alone for a day or three, my steering and brake situation will come to me.

Sounds like a good plan... sometimes good ideas take time to come to you, and me...

Or not.....my thoughts just seem to be fermenting or some thing.
I think I may have a plan on my steering if I can just get back to it.

I've got a couple of good paying jobs with the plasmacam I need to get finished.

A paying job with the plasmacam...

so I can buy more stuff for the Dodge. Don't know if anyone likes metal wall art but I'll post pics anyway. It is a 48" X 44" wildlife scene for a fellow elk hunting fanatic.

On the Dodge project, all I managed to get done is the tanks tied down, a shut off valve, an overflow/vent tube and fuel line to fuel pump. Naturally
I found that the fuel pump leaks and needs to be replaced. I guess that should be expected after sitting dormant for 15 years.

Attachments

• IMG_4248.jpg
    IMG_4248.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4249.jpg
    IMG_4249.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4250.jpg
    IMG_4250.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4198.jpg
    IMG_4198.jpg