Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. I haven't gotten the exhaust under it yet. The fan is large and takes up a lot of room! It will have to go along with the alternator bracket. It does look as if all will fit under the hood with some manipulation, which is good because I think I measured about 50 times! A lot of work left to do but it was a good feeling seeing the body back on and verifying wheel base, tire size and motor size will all line out like I planned.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Got Fins?

Feels good when a plan starts coming together, especially one as cool as this one!
1st start up on propane
1st real drive
Old 08-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Brother Rat

When you move the body forward, are you sure you won't have room for the fan? Either way, there won't be much room for a radiator. All I could fit with the frame horns in the way was a radiator for a '66 Mustang. I've thought if I needed more, I also might be able to stuff a couple motorcycle radiators on either side to help. Maybe some port holes in the hood would help too. So far my 350 barely stays cool enough as is, but it makes me nervous in traffic on hot days.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:27 AM

Sam, Im thinking of putting a rack and pinion on the front and fan would hit it. The other reason for wanting rack and pinion is so I have the entire width between the frame rails to mount a 24" by 36" ( rough estimate without going and taking measurements) radiator between the rails and then laid back at an angle. Im figuring on buying an aluminium racing radiator or I have been told they have them in certain sizes now where you cut the hole in the tanks and weld the necks on. Are you running an aluminum radiator?

Thanks Dirty rat, this is the first frame I have built so I was a little worried!

I haven't decided on tackling the steering or floor next. The car is rusty down low so building a nice floor would require pulling the body, putting it on the rotisserie and blasting it. Or I could patch it back together with signs but I know I would then want to fix it right later...

I love the rat look but I still feel the fab and mods should be of high quality and that would be tough to do without fixing a lot of rust.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Brother Rat

If you put in a R&P, you could cut the horns a lot farther back and then have room for whatever size radiator you want.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 PM

Rack and pinion is looking like the way to go. I dont have the stock gearbox anyway and racks are not badly priced.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

look at Dodge Intrepid R&P form 90's, has end mounting and tie rods attach in the middle.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:31 AM
He lives in an "Altered State"!

I love these cars. There are a couple around that I keep looking at. I don't have storage space.

Every time I see one, I envision a huge engine with a tubbed and narrowed rear end. I like the thought of a custom cruiser crossed with serious fast. I'm just daydreaming out loud here.

Nice work on the suspension and frame. I'm looking forward to seeing the body mounted.

I agree with you on the floor. Keep you fabrication quality high matching what you have already done. If you like sign, paint them on after.

"The Drs. told me that there was nothing they could do. But they didn't say that there was nothing I could do." Torchie
Old 08-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'

Default Thing looks killer....

slammed is an understatement..... keep up the great work...
Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Zip-Tie Mechanic

I like it! Looks really sweet, this is a great build keep it up!