Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 08-14-2013, 09:09 AM

Truck looks great Looks like it will be a lot of fun to drive. Let me know if you need a test pilot
Old 08-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Buildin' it his way, one piece at a time...

i think the wheels look great.. dig the overall truck.. my only problem is you are building it so fast and making the rest of us look bad....

keep at it!

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9479
Old 08-14-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyrat View Post
I do love this truck, great concept!
what I wouldn't give for a flat floor!
I do have some questions, how low is the oil pan, and with the wheel base so long there is a definite possibility of a high center across uneven ground, the pan being the low point could be bad.

Are you adding fish plates on the main areas of weld on the frame?

Would you mind PM'ing me the details on the wheels?

Hey Dirtyrat not sure if you can see it in this picture the lowest part of the frame is the section under the cab, the way it is sitting on the bottom of the rear end and the back corners of the frame rails the pan is still not touching the ground about 1" of clearance and the tranny pan is even higher. Speed bumps may be a concern, I'm still debating about going to shockwaves for more flexibility with ride height but the price of them may take awhile. Wheelbase is whopping 167" and I thought for sure this thing would turn like an aircraft carrier but it surprised me. When we pushed it into the garage we only had to back it up once!

I plated across the front Z with 3/16 but I have not done any of the rear Z's yet.

Sending you a PM
Old 08-14-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
This trucks really rocks, Very creative and your build skills....WOW!! Please keep the updates coming, I am sure there are plenty of us watching.
Thank you sawzall, I will update as soon as I get some more pieces to add on.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazy View Post
Truck looks great Looks like it will be a lot of fun to drive. Let me know if you need a test pilot
Thank you sleazy I think it's gonna be a blast to cruise, and thanks for the offer but this space chimp is gonna be the first to test drive!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORPO View Post
i think the wheels look great.. dig the overall truck.. my only problem is you are building it so fast and making the rest of us look bad....

keep at it!
Thanks CORPO I did kind of cheat some since I started it in February and didn't post up till now. This is a no frills build it just has a lot of attitude, my big push was to finish it for a 4 day show and cruise that they do here every year in July but my wheels didn't show up till the Wednesday after. I was in the shop at least 2-3 nights during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday for 5 months. There was 550 - 600 cars that showed up for the big show on Saturday from many different states and it gets bigger every year, but only maybe 40 rats the whole week!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Brother Binder

Send a message via Yahoo to the reverend muddy grimes

I am dying to see what kind of bed rails you plan to run. Looks kinda strange without them, But would Look amazing with.

You cannot tax a society into prosperity
Old 08-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Got Fins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange willy View Post
Hey Dirtyrat not sure if you can see it in this picture the lowest part of the frame is the section under the cab, the way it is sitting on the bottom of the rear end and the back corners of the frame rails the pan is still not touching the ground about 1" of clearance and the tranny pan is even higher. Speed bumps may be a concern, I'm still debating about going to shockwaves for more flexibility with ride height but the price of them may take awhile. Wheelbase is whopping 167" and I thought for sure this thing would turn like an aircraft carrier but it surprised me. When we pushed it into the garage we only had to back it up once!
I plated across the front Z with 3/16 but I have not done any of the rear Z's yet.

Sending you a PM
Cool, looks like you have it sorted out to protect your oil pan from the front, fair enough
I cant imagine another 27" on my wheel base... that is dang long!

I'm tuned in!
1st start up on propane
1st real drive
Old 08-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Rebel Rodder

A Ford F350 Super Cab's wheelbase is 172.4" Not too far off. I like your comment about only having to back it up "once" to get it into the garage
Old 08-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORPO View Post

keep at it!
Ya, what kind of time line are we looking at here? It looks like a really fast build. I love those M/T SRs