64 Chevrolet C10 SWB

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not going to change anything on the inside other than recovering the seat and new sunvisors. I will eventually be painting the outside Black Cherry. I looked at a 57 Chevy Belair at a car show in Memphis back in 1991 that was black cherry and have wanted that color since.

Yes it feels great to drive it again.
Honestly when I drove it up to my dads body shop last week he was happier than I am. He was proud to see that the truck that he gave me was back on the road.

Thanks guys..
I drove it to work again tonight and found that my little radiator is not efficient enough for this Memphis summer heat. Time to look for a better one since its not really that hot yet.

After installing a new blower motor it only ran for about 10 seconds and stopped. No big deal right now but couple days later my headlights stopped working. So I started to dig into the issues..
Found the blower fan issue.. burnt wire behind the fuse box.

Made the repair and started troubleshooting the headlights.. Found it to be a loose connector on the right headlight. This is the junction for the left light so both were out. I already had a new set of High temp connectors in the glove box. Installed those and all is good once again..

Just like old times, , always something to work on.. :D I happy to be driving it again. [cl[cl

Have been driving around and keeping it at or below 55 mph due to the small radiator not being efficient enough for this truck. But today I got this nice thick aluminum radiator in so I should be back at interstate speeds soon.

Also managed to get some work done on my big block. Decided to put some 454 peanut heads on this 402. I got a valve job and surface grind done on em and the 402 block has been decked so I should get a little bump in compression.
I have a set of large oval port heads that need alot of work. Ill start building them after I get this motor finished. Just a few more parts then I can lay some heavy metal flake gold on it.

Here is the difference in the radiators. Hopefully this new one is efficient enough to keep my temps down on the interstate.

Got the radiator in and so far it seems to just stay around 180 at 75/80 mph. Ill know more if I decide to drive it work this weekend. Not sure on that since we will be at triple digits and the AC in my Dodge works great.

Checked out my cam card and realized that I bought a Xtreme Energy 268 Cam with a .510/.520 lift. I thought I had the HE268 with a .480 lift. Good for me.. :D

The new radiator is doing good. I can keep it around 75 mph now and it stays right at 185. I think this will do fine even with the big block. Went on a short cruise with a club member and his LS Powered 86 C10.

Decided to get some paint on my Big Block.
Started with this.

Added some Saturn Gold Firemist

Topped it off with some .008 gold flake added to the clear.

Next to a 400 sb thats going in my old 71 Nova.

Latest posts

Back