Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Bob, it's been over a week with out any new pictures, we are getting hungry for more.[P[cl

Hope you are feeling a little better.

Sorry Tom, I got distracted with yard work, drag racing, etc.
I wired the taillights then tried to put the gas tank in. It wouldn't fit; the taillights extended into the cab and interfered with it.
I picked up a piece of 1/6" thick aluminum and made this valance to create a place for the taillights. I think I'll paint it body color, satin black, so it disappears. BTW, I couldn't mount the taillights in an upright position because the rear crossmember is directly behind the valance.

Ya Bob, Always yard work getting in the way of Hot Rod Projects. A brake to go drag racing keeps the sprit alive. I think the light section painted the same satin black as the body will look great. Thanks for the picture.[cl

I was troubled by the appearance of the rear valance. Didn't like the '39 Ford taillights turned sideways nor the overall squareness of it. I narrowed it to get rid of the holes for the taillights and also to match the width of the rearmost crossmember. I stole the taillights of my Rover and gave the valance some rounded corners. In my opinion it's better.

Welded patches where I put (and took off) the '39 Ford tail lights & skim coated with Bondo. Put the gas tank in and connected the filler and cap. Painted the tailpan black, but not the right black, so it blends better with the body. Now working on the radiator and radiator shell mount and grille insert. Doing work that doesn't take money til I win the lottery.

My friends Terry & Lee (Tator here on RRR) had some left over perforated aluminum sheet from their '55 Chevy Gasser. They gave it to me for the radiator shell insert for the Bantam. It took 2 pieces to make the insert so Terry welded them together. The horizontal molding hides the weld, not that it needed hiding.

Latest posts

Back