:::ROUND 5::: SFBBPC - Submission Thread - Back In The Day....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION THREAD - ROUND 5
Back In The Day....(Black and White or Sepia)
Judge: I-R-POPS
attachment.php

----READ THIS FIRST!----
Since this round requires some editing skill... If anyone wants or needs help turning a photo to black and white (or sepia) - ASK! Either PM the photo to me or DR.C (I just volunteered him [ddd) or even post your pic in this submission thread and ask for help here.
----READ THIS FIRST!----

Round 5 will be closed at 3:00AM on September 22nd

Quick and Dirty Rules: (should cover most of it unless you're editing)
----------------------------
***All entries must be a photo taken by you*** no matter how long ago.
Please, no bigger than 1024x1024 pixels. At least 500 pixels one direction.
There is very limited photo editing allowed. (see RULES thread)
Post up to 3 pics. One will be considered.
Amateurs only.
There is a Theme restriction. (see below)
No profanity, pets, or people. (Spectators in the background, etc. are OK)

***If anyone needs HELP resizing, editing a pic, or help how to use camera functions - ask right here in this thread.***

Full RULES can be found here: RULES
If you don't read them, don't be upset if your pic is disqualified.

THEME: Black and White or Sepia
------------
When I was a kid we didn't have all these fancy colors, we had black and white and sepia. That was it. ....and we were darn glad to have them! So this round is about that classic old time look. Or is it about that gritty raw look? That artsy look? Anyhow, I was hoping one of the judges would choose this theme because the subject matter is open. So take a pic of what you want and give it that retro feel. Or maybe step outside the box and take a pic of something like an old cop car or a wide white wall....those are black and white. Right?

This is Rat Rods Rules, but we're not just about rats, so if it's got wheels, had wheels, is related to wheels, or is around your shop, it might be worth a picture.

Ready....
set...
GO!!!

Last edited:
Feature Round Prizes will be:
1st:
A Bonehead shifter - he even says he'll make it custom order! (Or maybe something else for you 2 pedal guys.)
Something like this:
VooDooWoman3.jpg

2nd: Jfg455 is working with me to make a metal art clock - it's gonna be cool! (I hope)

3rd: Cool T-shirt and a trinket (or a gift card for a Russian purse :D)

Last edited:
I know right? Russian Purses!!!! [cl[cl

I figured for a 6 month long contest, it better have some cool stuff.

I'm just glad Bonehead and JFG agreed to help me out. And a big thanks for going way beyond what I asked for.
Both are awesome guys!

Last edited:
Great start, guys! [cl

Thanks for volunteering me, Sam. :rolleyes: (I stand behind you and will definitely help if anybody needs it.)

I wish this shot wasn't so "grainy" but I guess it should be, considering where it comes from...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG-20130726-00016_rrr (2).jpg
    IMG-20130726-00016_rrr (2).jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 138
My rats

Here is my collection.pic was taken a few months ago..then I added a few more.......don't know how to get the nice big pictures to load sorry

Attachments

• IMG_20160903_205700.jpg
    IMG_20160903_205700.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_20160903_205938.jpg
    IMG_20160903_205938.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 38
36 Dodge...

hehehehe.. i believe i was around 2 when caught hanging out the window of the old mans 36 Dodge sedan.... :D

not quite within the rules sorry

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
fun way to fill in a wet day-

-- specially as my workshop is outdoors taken at last years 'Pre 49 Nationals

Attachments

• rrr.jpg
    rrr.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
hehehehe.. i believe i was around 2 when caught hanging out the window of the old mans 36 Dodge sedan.... :D

not quite within the rules sorry

LOL! Yeah, besides breaking the 'no people' rule, I'm pretty sure that picture wasn't taken by you. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back