1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked on the car a little this afternoon.
A friend of mine has a waterjet machine and I told him I wanted some small Pontiac Indian head logos cut out.
The next day he had them.

attachment.php

I drilled a hole in the neck
attachment.php

Put one in each hairpin to use as my lower shock mounts :D
attachment.php

Attachments

• 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 201a.jpg
    201a.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 168
Got to do a little work today

Here's where the chief heads reside now as lower shock mounts
attachment.php

Here's how I mounted the shocks to the frame
Just enough clearance not to rub or bind :)
attachment.php

Everything is all painted and reassembled
attachment.php

I've got a little more rust patch work to do today then tomorrow I'll get some Chassis Saver for the underneath of the body.
At that point I can mount the body to the frame finally [dr
I'll have the engine day after tomorrow and will post pics :D

Attachments

• 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 206.jpg
    206.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 205.jpg
    205.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 237
I got the underside of the car painted with Chassis Saver yesterday, then had to move it off the lift for the 51 AD.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll do some more work on it Friday with more pics.

Attachments

• 207.jpg
    207.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 208.jpg
    208.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 209.jpg
    209.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 260
Well, I went to the tire shop at noon today and they put new tires on the front of my 40. I'll be cruisin the streets during the NSRA Mid America show in Springfield Mo this week end :D
I installed the dash in the 33 this afternoon plus, mocked up the steering column and wheel.

attachment.php

I will go to the show in the morning and snoop thru all the parts the vender's have and see what treasures I can find [ddd

Good job on your build, hope to see ya at the swap meet in aug.I'll be located at the bottom of the hill just east of the car coral across from the shower building, I'll pur a sign up, hope you bring your car(Riverrat 44)

Good job on your build, hope to see ya at the swap meet in aug.I'll be located at the bottom of the hill just east of the car coral across from the shower building, I'll pur a sign up, hope you bring your car(Riverrat 44)
I'll be there and look you up

This is one of the reasons you haven't seen updates on my builds.
The tanker company I do a lot of fabrication and repair work for, is upgrading the wash system I built them to food grade and needed a way to get the hoses up off the floor.
This hose dolly is 8' long collapsed to hold 10' hoses and 14' long extended to hold 20' hoses.
I've got two more pieces to build for them the first of the week then I can get back on my builds :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2014-07-11_09-22-40_562.jpg
    2014-07-11_09-22-40_562.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 177

Latest posts

Back