Losing one of our own

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
Eric sent me a message this morning with the sad news that Willowbilly had passed away. One of the all time greats that made Rat Rods Rule what it is. Very knowledgeable, and helpful, with tons of information, and great input. His photos of area old tin....[dr
He also amazed me with a hidden artistic talent that he only recently shared with us. He will be greatly missed here, rest in peace my friend.

Sorry to hear about WB3. Bought a dash from him awhile back, we talked on the phone for a long time. Seemed to be a really nice guy. Really going to miss his input and wisdom on UDS.

Man, not something you want to read first thing in the morning! His knowledge will be missed around here! RIP
Friend!

When Things like this happen I begin to understand how my kids could have had "friends" on the internet that they had never met face to face.
We are a community, and today our community has been reduced by WB3's passing.
Strength and peace to his family and friends.
RIP (Rat in Peace) Brother.
Torchie

For the last month I've tried to write a PM to Willowbilly but never got it done. I couldn't find the words.
What I wanted him to know is how much respect and admiration I had for him. He crammed two lifetimes' worth of experiences into one too short lifetime. He was a good writer and a found object artist who won awards for his creations. That talent served him well building his roadster. Little money, lots of creativity.
He did a great service rescuing rusty hulks from ranches and ravines and put many of them in the hands of hot rod builders.
His name "Willowbilly3" was a take on "hillbilly". He lived in Alaska near swamp willow trees. Thus the name of Willowbilly.
When he was in Minneapolis for treatment I offered to visit with him or run errands. But being the self sufficient, independent man that we was, he never called.
Gonna miss you, man. You lived a life bigger than most.

Couldn't be said any better bobw! One of those friends ya never got to meet...
Rest in Peace Willowbilly3!

WB3 showed us immense strength of character, after being handed a death sentence. That must be the most horrible thing in the world to deal with. A while back, he said the he had the easy part in this, it was everyone else that had the grieving which would be harder. I disagree; his part would have been hard too.
R.I.P. Willowbilly3.

I guess we knew it was coming, but it's still sad to hear. A few years ago me and my wife stopped and talked with him for several hours. I was hoping to be able to do that again someday. Good guy. Real interesting. I'd like to have someone like him as a neighbor.

Latest posts

Back