1950 dodge truck tribute to my son

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me too

ya, me to, even if l don't enter, just gonna drive the dodge up for the day, there's a bunch of people up north who wanta see her in person.

funny, most folks don't care if l'm there, just make sure the truck is:D[S:confused:

Later :cool:

grandson

AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy's son, my 9 year old grandson, showed up from florida today:D

l was in the process of building the truck when he left. he'd sit in it pretend to drive when it was in the garage in pieces.

today was the first time he saw it since finished. he loved it. we went for a ride, so cool to have my grandson in my son's truck. his and my smile was ear to ear.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• adian in jimmy's truck.jpg
    adian in jimmy's truck.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 76
  • adian in jimmy's truck.jpg 2.jpg
    adian in jimmy's truck.jpg 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 68
looking back

l was looking back over the build thread and it is really interesting to me what the idea and vision was when the truck started. the changes and decisions made during construction are interesting to me.

from the idea in my head to reality and in the way some things l changed is drastic, some subtle, but worked out good.

Later :cool::

Last edited:
AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy's son, my 9 year old grandson, showed up from florida today:D

l was in the process of building the truck when he left. he'd sit in it pretend to drive when it was in the garage in pieces.

today was the first time he saw it since finished. he loved it. we went for a ride, so cool to have my grandson in my son's truck. his and my smile was ear to ear.

Later:cool:

Yeah, that is very cool. [cl

people's choice award

l took the truck to the high school skill center car show today and won people's choice for best classic:D

the irony, the "TROPHY" is a complete car care kit, brushes, wash mitts, soft cloth, special soap and wax..my friend's thought the award real funny,

gotta love your pals:rolleyes:

Cool....

Seems like you're getting a few blessings heaped up on you, buddy.....grandson, trophy, etc. Congrats AGAIN! I really admire your tenacity.[cl[cl[cl

Lynn

l still don't get why so many people like it.

............... what others see in it is beyond me.

I'm guessing what they see in it is 'you and Jimmy' and who wouldn't like that :cool::cool:

Love those Tech Center shows. I have a good friend who has taught auto body for going on 30 years and their school has a show every spring. No other local show has the same flavor and I never miss it. It's next weekend and I'm ready.....too bad the Willys is not :( Will have to take the 'shiny' car I guess :D

'tooned

everyone, l have to say a BIG:D---THANK YOU! to Harpocat for 'tooning Jimmy's truck.

it looks awsome.

Attachments

• 50_Dodge.jpg
    50_Dodge.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 39
plate

l got my license plate on,,,,

licensed as a classic today so never have to buy tabs again:D

l had a pile of old plates and went thru them and found the perfect one,,,

UN 1548

15 is the age of when Jimmy died,,,,

48 is the year of the truck,,

weird l had that plate laying around,,

l think it's a perfect fit for the tribute truck.

Attachments

• DSC00259.jpg
    DSC00259.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00263.jpg
    DSC00263.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 26
height difference

check out the height difference:D

Attachments

• DSC00264.jpg
    DSC00264.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00266.jpg
    DSC00266.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00269.jpg
    DSC00269.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00267.jpg
    DSC00267.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 51
T-shirt

one of my buddy's suggested l get a T-shirt of the "tooned" truck & wear it at the car shows.

l really appreciate the drawing Harpocat did, l agree it's awesome:D

Latest posts

Back