1950 dodge truck tribute to my son

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here

That is fantastic news on the show Skull. I think from what I have seen in magazines that these shows are pretty high profile, it's a recognition of your skills as a craftsman.
Mopars rule!

Cheers
Andrew

not just me, a lot of help from friends:D

a lot of them here.[cl

Later :cool:

putreey

getting all cleaned up for the show:D

l went the place where l got the tires because something was wrong with one front tire, so the guy warranted both fronts and put them on for $O.OO. l have done a lot of business there the last 15 years and they take good care of me, so l keep going back, good customer service is hard to find.

Attachments

• DSC00482.jpg
    DSC00482.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC00483.jpg
    DSC00483.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC00484.jpg
    DSC00484.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
goodguys 2012

the trucks a hit:D look, l even have clean wheels:eek:

l talked with a ton a people about it and the girls wanted there pic taken with it, several people have told me they learned to drive in an old dodge truck or had one in the family and a lot of people have sat in her and it's a been a blast so far.

Attachments

• DSC00517.jpg
    DSC00517.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC00518.jpg
    DSC00518.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC00519.jpg
    DSC00519.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00520.jpg
    DSC00520.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00521.jpg
    DSC00521.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 117
I'm very happy for you and the truck.

It's really nice you are making it interactive with the spectators.

Cool machine.

That's cool with the show and all....sure your son is looking down proud of the work his old man has done. I can only hope mine turns out this cool.

love the patina on the truck, awesome!

So, did you ever get that t-shirt made from the 'tooned truck logo?! :)

nope

not yet,,,funds for life went to heck lately, so all the extra's went on hold.

lucky l am a pack rat so l can make some progress on the jalopy street legal race car with all the stuff l have laying around so l'm staying busy.

tires

the BF Goodrich T/A's l had on the front(Which they no longer make) and the current ones on the front of truck;

P195R6O-15's and 6 inch center set wheels.

why you ask? is that the ones you gonna run on your'e truck?

if so, remember mine has a 1977 nova sub-frame in it and you have the S-10 chassis so it may sit different with that wheel/tire combo. you may have to experiment with various tire/wheel sizes to get the right ''look''

I bought a set of 205/60/15 for the front of my 53 today. Mounted them on the new wheels. Waiting to rebuild the brakes before I put them on the truck. Getting very anxious to see them on it though.:cool:

Title

I have always had luck titling older vehicles using a title service like broadway title service. Maybe google them and check it out.

option

if it is the only option and it gets it legalized to be your'es and driving, may not be to bad of an idea. l know people who have spent more trying to license there rods.

thanks guys:)

Later ...:cool:

titled

finally got it titled, thats why it is a 1948.

said that's what it most resembled, so l didn't argue.

Later....:cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back