Another Build ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the 6 lugs to start with, then 5 lugs with the slot wheels, guess that’s what threw me. Frame looks almost the same as the Toyota frame I had, torsion bar front end and all. What are you doing with the front steering? I was going to swap the spindles side for side but never got that far. It would be rear steer if you did that.

Yes the six lug are still there on the front with adapters. I had a ford 8.8 laying around so it went in the back, I tried swapping spindles, can't remember what but some thing didn't work out? I wanted all the junk off the front, I moved the struts to the back side and I'm looking at rack and pinyon on the front. [S

That was what I was trying to do, too. I also moved the strut rods to the back side, but I didn’t get any farther along. My Lincoln came up on Craigslist, and as they say, the rest is history. The little truck went down the road on a trailer, and I went and bought parts with the money I got for it!

May be able to help Soltz if you build a bug rod. Got a bug boneyard and some titles. All pre 75. Can you work with WA paperwork in CA. [S

Progress

Don't know what it's going to be[S
Now, get the thinking tool out and, well think:p
Price was right, FREE! My favorite [cl

Attachments

• 20200808_164744.jpg
    20200808_164744.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 41
Making a little progress?:p
Lots of thinking and little work. Still in the cut mode. no welding yet. [cl

Attachments

• LUV 027.jpg
    LUV 027.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 60
This is always the most frustrating time in the building process....moving stuff around...cutting, chopping, sitting back and looking at it...lots of chin scratching too...such tedious work but well worth it to get the right stance...

Love the color on the ole Beetle...

Keep up the good work...

MikeC

Little more thinking and some buil ding

Tried something with the rear suspension. Cut the back of the spring off, flipped it over so it curved more the right way. Using some air shocks I had on the shelf to get an idea of what might work, if it stays it will be coil overs.[;)
Set the body it to see what more I'm going to need to do.[S
I want to take the door opening away to get the T-Bucket look.[S I will need to cut some of the floor out to get it channeled the way I want and to get the rear wheels where they need to be. That said I think I'll have to do one of two I'll have to think about that some more, I don't think I want the wheel base to be to short [S
Well that's it for now, here are a few pix to look at. [cl
thanks for coming along [P

Attachments

• LUV 036.jpg
    LUV 036.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 46
  • LUV 032.jpg
    LUV 032.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 39
  • LUV 033.jpg
    LUV 033.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 39
  • LUV 034.jpg
    LUV 034.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 42
  • LUV 035.jpg
    LUV 035.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 48
What’s the wheel base length you are going for, Soltz ?
My favorite T bucket is Ed Roth’s “Tweety Pie”
It has a short wheel base as well,
Of course I wouldn’t turn down the “ Kookie T” or Tommy Ivo’s T bucket either.😎😎😎
Torchie

I've thought about using a stiff leaf spring half for a trailing arm but never did it. Very interesting build.[cl

Latest posts

Back