My buddy's working on this gorgeous '57 GMC truck!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
A local guy bought this gorgeous '57 GMC pickup but the 6 cylinder motor was dead so he hired my buddy to put a 400hp SBC crate motor & 700R4 in it & do some other work it needed. He's taking it to get mufflers this morning! I can't wait to ride in it before he delivers it! Guy only paid $4K for the truck in this condition minus engine/tranny, also has A/C installed!

BoB

Attachments

• redtruck.jpg
    redtruck.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 54
Very nice truck. should be dependable with the new driveline.

When my truck wears out I'm thinking of getting an older truck that someone restored.

Very nice truck. should be dependable with the new driveline.

When my truck wears out I'm thinking of getting an older truck that someone restored.

The guy he bought it from spent a lot of $$$ on this truck, I couldn't find any rust on it, really nice paint, nice interior & beautiful wood bed. Sadly, he dropped an A/C unit on the original 6-banger & blew it up, got discouraged & just wanted to get rid of it. I couldn't believe it was for sale in my lil town & I didn't score it for my own self!!! :eek::mad:

BoB

That's beautiful! Always wanted a Tri-Five truck. Never could find a good one back when I had money, now I definitely can't afford one! :eek:

Toad

I love the look of the GMC grill and if it was a V8, they came with a Pontiac engine.
Not to be Debbie Downer but the 55-59 GM were some of the crappiest cabs I have ever owned (and too bad because they are so pretty). At best, even when new, the doors don't close as nice as a clapped out Ford from that era. Window winders are junk and the heater controls break off if you just look at them wrong.

Latest posts

Back