Crazy stuff on Craig's List, eBay etc!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first car was a 47 or 48 Olds 4-door that my folks gave me to play with when I was about 10. It was very dead, so I took it apart as far as I could go with hand tools. Scattered it all over the yard. I've been hooked on cars ever sense. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Garnish moldings are worth more than the asking price... just saying, if you want the trim pieces and they're not there, you might be looking at a white elephant...

Garnish moldings are worth more than the asking price... just saying, if you want the trim pieces and they're not there, you might be looking at a white elephant...

A good point DR. Too me that would be a bargaining chip and not a deal breaker though.:) I'd be more concerned about there being a grill(Unless that's not going to be used).
If it's a series 60, the 40 Chevy interior stuff should word. Same body as the 40 Chevies.
If it's the 70- 90 Series it will be the bigger body. Which may line up with the Buicks of that year. More investigation needed to confirm that.
Where theres' a will.There's a way......
[P [P [P
Torchie

Waiting for the call to meet up and look it over. If I can sell off any high value trim, it will be in my favor. I am not going to try to restore this baby. Paint job already looks about right to me. That said, no project ever works out the way I think it will.

Sadly, this is not going to come home with me. No floors or bottoms of the rockers, no inside window garnishes, no dash, all upfacing surfaces were deeply pitted form sitting out for decades with no paint. Just more than I have the capacity to fix in my limited space. The seller was a nice guy with lots of projects in the works and lots more in the yard. Kind of like a lot of us. The next interested party was waiting in the wings to see if I bought it. I wish him luck. Nice price, though. Even in the condition it is in. I think.

Special thanks to Doc C and Torchie for all the advice, and to everyone for the encouragement.

Watching for the next opportunity. :D There is one out there, I just know it.

Sorry it wasn't what you're looking for, Skip. :(

A good point DR. Too me that would be a bargaining chip and not a deal breaker though.:) I'd be more concerned about there being a grill(Unless that's not going to be used).
If it's a series 60, the 40 Chevy interior stuff should word. Same body as the 40 Chevies.
If it's the 70- 90 Series it will be the bigger body. Which may line up with the Buicks of that year. More investigation needed to confirm that.
Where theres' a will.There's a way......
[P [P [P
Torchie

It's a 60 series, same as Chevy (like you said) and Pontiac. Most body parts should interchange, if you're looking to assemble an Oldsmolet or an Oldsmopont. :D

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/6877916683.html

01717_eAi7F7ResuJ_600x450.jpg

I'm 3rd in line for this. If it happens, my next project is the altered.
attachment.php

ad is gone, how much $$$ and what all came with it[S

Later :confused:
It went to the first guy in line for $250, with just what we see in the picture. Body shell with doors, fenders, bonnet, and boot lid. No floors to speak of. Minimal rust elsewhere. Just exactly all I needed. The wheel base is four inches shorter than my altered chassis. That would get taken care of just opening up the wheel openings for the bigger tires. And the MM is wider than the original body that was on the altered. A bantam roadster. At this rate, the next one to come along is going to be great!

Latest posts

Back