Time to fill up the gas tanks !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Not sure what is causing gasoline prices to drop, but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. :D Just saw regular at $ 3.49 this morning and I bought premium for my daily driver at $ 3.78. I had been paying $ 4.16-$4.19 a few weeks ago. A fill up on my daily is about $85 when prices are up there, and that lasts me about 10 days.........AND I DON'T DRIVE MUCH !! :eek: So any drop is welcomed.

What is weird is that gas can be $ 3.49 right here, and if I drive 15 minutes north it is lower at like $ 3.46 or so. Wonder what caused some towns to be lower than others?

Don

Don,
Here in H-town we are surrounded by refineries. We go to Austin which is 160 miles north of here & their gas is lower than ours! How can gas be cheaper that far away from the source!?! Makes me mad every time I go there'

BoB

Gas has been going up here in the last few weeks. Like you it is at about $3.45 a gallon, it was down to $3.33

You know they go way up and shock us all, then drop the price to higher than they started and we feel like we are getting a good deal. Gas for over $3.00 is still a big rip off.

When gas was approaching $3 a gal and few years ago, a report went to Malibu to ask why their prices crested $3 a gal when everyone else was under $3. Their answer was, "People here don't ask about price!". Even today, when premium is under $4 a gal, the beach cities are still $4.05 for premium.

I agree that the lower prices might be coming to an end as we speak. Yesterday morning the local Racetrack station had it at $ 3.49, then last night I passed by and it was $ 3.51, but this morning it was $ 3.49 again. What happens overnight to make it go up or down?

A Moped is starting to look better and better to me.........if only I didn't have to contend with those idiot drivers on the road. :mad:

Don

It's a sardine can with a windsheild... If you cringe at the thought of a SmartCar this thing is worse. I have seen some pictures of it, and it doesnt look safe at all. Would be very similar to the Moped IMO.

Don,
Here in H-town we are surrounded by refineries. We go to Austin which is 160 miles north of here & their gas is lower than ours! How can gas be cheaper that far away from the source!?! Makes me mad every time I go there'

BoB

I live on an island, a 10 mile long bridge that links us to the mainland. The gas is refined on the mainland, and our gas is 8 cents a litre cheaper, and I'm not complaining !

crude went down huge and the gas prices here went up $.20/gal. it was $3.73 when I filled up last night. [S

Latest posts

Back