'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the offer old28. I'm trying to get it usable for you. Latest item is I couldn't get the theater seats to fit right with the arm rests. Finally I discarded them and made frames for the seat backs and bottom cushions. Getting closer...

Attachments

• latest 001.jpg
    latest 001.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 63
  • latest 002.jpg
    latest 002.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 60
  • latest 005.jpg
    latest 005.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 87
Thanks Bob, just trying to be helpful. [cl[cl[cl

Not going back to see the Grandkids this year but would be a nice side trip when we go back to Fenton, MI next year. You never know who will show up on the front porch for a free ride in the '29 & a driveway burnout in the Silver Bullet. [dr[dr[dr Stay healthy. Tom

Hey Bob, great build and great car. I got sidetracked on my roadster project that I started a few years ago but I'm getting back at it now. I was given one of those super cool wavy front ends like you used on this build. Were you able to get rebuild parts for yours? My drums are currently seized onto the pads so I'm thinking I will need new pads and am wondering about availability. Thanks.

Driver Dave, the pilot of my little dragster came over and we had a brake bleeding party. First we did the Bantam, which went quite well. Unfortunately it was for naught because Dave didn't fit in the car and I gutted the inside to rework it and make more room for normal size occupants.

We then tried to bleed the roadster brakes. Didn't work. So I set up a bench bleeding operation. The section for the rear brakes bled well. but I cannot get all the bubbles out of the front brake section. Any suggestions???

The section for the rear brakes bled well. but I cannot get all the bubbles out of the front brake section. Any suggestions???

Are you using tubes returning to the reservoir? I've bench bled MCs that would not stop making tiny bubbles no matter how many strokes. Plug the ports. If it gets firm, put it back on the car and carry on...

I use a medium size syringe. Draw up some brake fluid in it then stick the needle in the reservoir holes and inject fluid until the bubbles quit coming out and you're good to go.

Just got back on the RPU. Waiting for the new driveshaft. Thanks OI, I'll try the syringe method if one more bench bleed doesn't work, It sat for a couple months so I'm hoping time will be the cure.
I stuck the mufflers on it. The plan was to get in and out the passenger door. However, getting out of the seat and over there has proven to be a challenge. Now considering making the driver's door into a half door. A Dutch door. Getting in and out that way is quite a bit easier. I've practiced. Will throw a heat shield on the upper muffler so I don't toast my buns.

Attachments

• rpu side shot 004.jpg
    rpu side shot 004.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 29
  • rpu side shot 003.jpg
    rpu side shot 003.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 27
How ya feeling old man, I felt a lot better with my stents and the blood flowing like it should. Just take it easy for a couple of weeks. Roadster PU is looking real fine. [cl

The exhaust looks great! Hope the bun protection system doesn't detract from the visual effect. But, form must follow function. Waiting to see what you come up with. [cl [cl [cl

I didn't get much done today because I'm still being very cautious. But I couldn't wait to see what cutting the door in two would look like. After adding some 1" square tubing for framing the two halves I took the zip wheel and did it. Still got a lot of welding and grinding to do. The bottom half will be welded in place. I'll add a hinge to the top half so it swings open properly.

Attachments

• dutch door 001.jpg
    dutch door 001.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 38
  • dutch door 002.jpg
    dutch door 002.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 39
Well Bob, That door will look like it was OEM when your done. Sure will make it a lot easier to get in and out. Both our old bones will thank you when I make the trip east to MI for youngest grandson High School graduation next June. Sent you an email yesterday, check it out.

The half door now has two hinges. Now working on mounting the door latch. I'll take some of the bracing out of the bottom half of the door since it will be welded in place. Relocating the hinge was a lot more work than I anticipated.
Got the new driveshaft yesterday. Shouldn't need any more significant parts to finish this roadster.

Attachments

• nother Grubs 005.jpg
    nother Grubs 005.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 27
  • nother Grubs 006.jpg
    nother Grubs 006.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 26
  • nother Grubs 007.jpg
    nother Grubs 007.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back