A little practice!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well, workin' on my PU today did not work out for me as I wound up doing the "Honey Do's" but I made it work for me & it involved HP... er... sorta!!! ; - >

On my vacation I wound up building a new roof'd in area on my wife's horse stall. She took over from another guy who went back to New Orleans. Anyway her gate which is made of 1" sq tubing was in serious need of repair. I'm fixing to build a new floor for my PU made out of the same tubing so I figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone... get a little practice welding sq tubing on her fence! Here's what I started with but I was too tired to take pictures of my fabulous work but will tomorrow when I go spray it with primer! Nothing better than a little practice. Got my groove back welding tubing!

Attachments

• pony.jpg
    pony.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 37
  • gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Nice horse. My folks have a horse farm in OH.. They have 5 right now, and a pony. To my folks, their kind of horsepower is just as addictive. :)

Real HP!!!

Nice horse. My folks have a horse farm in OH.. They have 5 right now, and a pony. To my folks, their kind of horsepower is just as addictive. :)

Joker,
Her's is just a easy riding pony but I have friends that r into that like serious! No thanks... that is a real rich man's hobby! My wife's stall is in a really old stable just 10 minutes from our house & we live in the center of Houston... 5 million people. I knew girls that had horses there when I was in high school & we're havin' our 40 year reunion this October!

BoB

Nah, it's not a rich man's hobby at all. All my folks horses right now are rescue cases that they paid little, if any for. And the alfalfa field make for fine feed. My folks are not rich by any means (hell, I make more than my parents), but they do have a precious commodity, land, to be able to make it works for pennies, mainly because they got the land for a steal ($500/acre anyone?). Just like any other hobby, if you know the right people, are in the right place at the right time, and can withstand the long hours required, you can do anything on the cheap.

No HS!!!

Tripper, quit "horsing around" and get back to work on the truck :D

Gastrick,

I love the smell of horse **** in the morning!

Hey... I had to do the "Honey Do's" today & have real work to do tomorrow but will try to brace the door openings in the afternoon! This is the exciting part... seein' that sucker dropped over the frame. I can hardly wait!

BoB

Latest posts

Back