Looking for a welder...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a tank-it might cost you more,but the flux core will just **** you off. Then practice,practice,practice-don't get discouraged-it takes time. Ask questions there are a lot of guys on here that have welded for years-we'll be happy to help.

Get a tank-it might cost you more,but the flux core will just **** you off. Then practice,practice,practice-don't get discouraged-it takes time. Ask questions there are a lot of guys on here that have welded for years-we'll be happy to help.

That's what everyone I've talked to said, so I think I'm gonna try to see how the flux core is just to check it out, and if it's bad I'll grab a tank and I figure the first project should be to make a welding cart out of some angle iron, so I'll probably start there

I've found when using flux core it's better if you turn the heat up and the feed down. The welding cart is a great starting project-remember Have Fun!!

I've found when using flux core it's better if you turn the heat up and the feed down. The welding cart is a great starting project-remember Have Fun!!

Picked up the wire and a regular old helmet gonna try to practice on some old exhaust pipe I've got laying around this weekend, actually pretty excited

Picked up the wire and a regular old helmet gonna try to practice on some old exhaust pipe I've got laying around this weekend, actually pretty excited

If the exhaust is galvinized make sure you wear a mask-those fumes can make you really sick-if you are reading this after the fact and you are feeling sick-drink milk-it helps. Be careful and have fun

If the exhaust is galvinized make sure you wear a mask-those fumes can make you really sick-if you are reading this after the fact and you are feeling sick-drink milk-it helps. Be careful and have fun

Boy I dont know how many times I've sucked in those fumes and started feelin all kinds of funky! I'm gonna try a milk dose next time. Thanks!

If your going to be welding a lot at one time wear a long shirt, I put a cutting edge on a bobcat bucket for my brother this weekend and stupid me wore a short sleeve shirt, feeling the major sunburn on my left arm!!!

Latest posts

Back