Bordem

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
So my neighbor is gearing up for Halloween. He wanted a couple lanterns. This is what I came up with.

2012-09-22_22-03-16_835_zpsf311b507.jpg

Cut green glass for the windows, put a mirror in the bottom. I made a pair. They aren't perfect, but considering I pretty much didn't measure anything when I made them, I don't think they are too bad. They work, candle burns in them. Need ground up a bit and some paint but other than that, not too bad.

I don't think you should paint it.

It would be somewhat like what the old lanterns were like long long ago. All tarnished and rusty.

That's just my opinion.

Part two of my opinion is that these are really cool. Nice work.

I don't think you should paint it.

It would be somewhat like what the old lanterns were like long long ago. All tarnished and rusty.

That's just my opinion.

Part two of my opinion is that these are really cool. Nice work.

What he said. And they look awesome[cl

I still haven't given him a price........ LOL

The wife wants me to build a couple more for us to keep. I think I am going to give it a shot but be a little more elaborate for those. Maybe build them taller six sides instead of four......

Any thoughts? What would you do different?

neat looking maybe do six sides with green and red or orange glass and I wouldn't get to fancy it will take away from that oldie look and don't paint them maybe clear coat

I can only get green or clear...... unless I pay for it......... I work in a glass plant so I can nab little pieces like that for nothing. sometimes I can get like a neat looking blue or a blackish gold kind of color, but that is harder to do.

Latest posts

Back