DR plasma cutter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My razor weld plasma ended up being junk. They replaced it twice in 6 months. I told them they could keep or after the last time. I stepped up and bought a thermal dynamics cut master 42. Should be better!

I think you made the right choice too.
With all the work you do, the inexpensive models were not designed to be used that much.
There's a big difference between the hobby shop and a production shop.

The only change I've made on mine was changing the hand piece. Wasn't expensive at all and fit the same hose. But I changed it to facilitate buying consumables easier. The extras I originally got for the DR unit, while they said they fit my machine, they weren't really a good fit and I believe they ate themselves up quicker because of that. So I changed the hand piece to one that consumables are easier to get and much cheaper in quantity and fit well.

Well Hello folks I really enjoyed reading about the less expensive Plasma's
I like most "Want to be Fabricators" fell into what I thought was the expensive Plasma and bought an Everlast SuperCut 50P
51AHQhJy74L.jpg

after about a year it stopped working one day the power switch light is on but no power when I contacted them they sent me out a new power switch and not a problem back to work. now 2 years into ownership and this happens again this time they wanted me to pay $10 Shipping and handling No problem back to work ... Then I read in different forums that this model is there beginner lever machine and they are not spending too much energy to fix the problem. .....:mad: Entry level Machine For $700 dollars You Got to be kidding me...... Errrrrrr...:mad:

Now mind you when the machine is working God I love it has cut everything I needed it to every time I needed it. the expendables are Cheap and I have learned the symptoms of when they need to be replaced.
After I retired from the Army I did a 3 year apprenticeship at a hot rod shop and learned allot so this is why I bought the Everlast, and Eastwood 175 Mig Welder Simply Love that Machine too.
So today I found an electrical company that carries this power Switch for $0.65 each ordered 4 to keep in a drawer.

Would I recommend it Sure but not now after reading what Smallfoot wrote. Why spend that much for an entry level machine when you can get the same service from a less expensive machine.

Just My 2 cents
Edward
Rochester, Wa

Thanks for the Everlast review! Some times I get lucky and find something that works. I'm thinking the other guys have been doing ok with their stuff too and they aren't all the same brand. It's alot like all of us building something. Once the technology is out there, it keeps improving...

Hey Glen, I had some problems with my DR too. Changed out the hose and the torch to an Esab model and it's a little better but you still get some tips that look funky....not much quality control over there...I don't do much close work with it though. If I have to cut a bunch of big stuff it comes out for rough cuts only. Makes quick work up to 3/4" thick stuff for me.

Hey Glen, I had some problems with my DR too. Changed out the hose and the torch to an Esab model and it's a little better but you still get some tips that look funky....not much quality control over there...I don't do much close work with it though. If I have to cut a bunch of big stuff it comes out for rough cuts only. Makes quick work up to 3/4" thick stuff for me.

No problems so far with the Cut 50 just the cheap as& consumables:D

If you rate your time at all, you can probably recoup the cost of one of these little guys in one large project. Makes a demo job quick and easy, just stand back and have tips handy...:D

Latest posts

Back