Jeep Engine Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching paint dry

The proof will be in the performance regarding the porting.

Picked up the front axle parts and the motormounts from Jerry the Sandblaster and primed the top sides. Rotate and repeat. Color tomorrow.

Attachments

• primer 001.jpg
    primer 001.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 25
I started to put the front axle assembly together and discovered the tie rod ends were worn out. Hard to get them here in the USA. So I ordered a couple rod ends and will make a new tie rod.

I also ordered most everything else I need to put the engine together. All from Rock Auto.

The cam arrived from Oregon Cams. It's a regrind on an oem blank

My son and his family came back to Minnesota from Florida after 5 years and I spent yesterday helping unload a 24 foot Penske truck and putting all the goods in a storage unit. Sure glad to have the family home.

Gotta love Rock Auto. They should give us bigger discount.
Stay after it.

I really want to see what you get out of this Jeep engine as far as performance goes. :cool:!!!:cool:!!!!

Yes, with my son and the family returning to Minni there's not as much reason to go to Florida. Just weather. And that might be enough to go back next year, We are loving having the two grandkids back here. They make life much more rewarding.

The parts arrived and I made a new tie rod. The primer is drying.

The engine parts should be dribbling in shortly. They are coming from 4 different Rock Auto locations. I'd like to get the front axle assembly installed before starting on engine assembly just to keep things in order. The head will be back in a couple weeks.

Okay, the front axle is in for the final time. The wheels have been sand blasted and painted as have the drums I mocked up the front tin, header and wheel/drum to see what it looked like.
Need to order a pair of 5.00-16 motorcycle tires for $160.
More motor parts arrived Sat. and Sun. engine assembly is next.
I can't find wheel bearings and grease seals for the Anglia drums. I've searched all over the interweb. There's lots of Anglias around but none of them run the original front suspension.

Attachments

• wheel 001.jpg
    wheel 001.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 42
  • wheel 002.jpg
    wheel 002.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 41
  • wheel 003.jpg
    wheel 003.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 39
Bob, have you tried ebay.co.uk (England) for your Anglia parts, seems to be lots there, though I don't know the year you're looking for... Of course they make take a while to get across the pond :cool:

I have inadvertently bought stuff from the UK before. The shipping time wasn't all that bad. Not overnight, but not bad. Now the time I accidentally bought a pool cue from a seller in Russia was a bit of a shocker. Shipping time, but more the costs. I learned to read the ads better after that. :eek:

Do you have a Motion Industries close by? They usually have something that will work for anything. I'm not sure if they have a website or not.....

Ever work every day for a coupe weeks and have nothing picture worthy? I did get wheel bearings and found out there really isn't grease seals. Been cleaning and painting parts. I changed the rear shock mounts and the rear sway bar. Trying to make sure it goes straight down the track. Slow going but it's getting there.

Just about have all the accessories on the Bantam small block. Should be running in a week or two.

I've been watching You Tubes by Richard Holdener. He does a lot of dyno tests and knows everything about turbocharging. Could Phase 2 for the Jeep engine be a turbo?

One more coat of blue on the block and I can put the short block together. The head will come home next week.

Attachments

• blue block 001.jpg
    blue block 001.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back