Did you start the new year out doing any car stuff?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

I did, I washed my semi truck and my Lincoln. Even tough the old Linc hasn't left the shop in 3 years, it still got dirty, very dirty. Dust, dirt, and green junk on the tail end that is open to the front yard and two oak trees. The junk had built up and looked crappy, so I decided to get it off while we had 70* temps today. Looks better even though it won't be going anywhere under it's own power for a while yet...

Being clean might even get me motivated to work on it some again.

Working on various projects in my mind while doing some small jobs on the Jeep 6 powered Crosley drag car.

Worked on some garage art.

Attachments

• 20210101_121450.jpg
    20210101_121450.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 24
Nothin' happenin' here. Due to additional health concerns at the B-tard compound, we've been in self-mandated lockdown since Dec 4. :(

OK I'm a wimp :rolleyes: High temp 26*. Still trying to get things organized:eek:
Some where under all that stuff is my project, I think [S

Attachments

• 20201226_133406.jpg
    20201226_133406.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 23
i went out to look at some Model A parts, and made a new hot-rod friend. He leans toward the shiny car side of the hobby, but still is a really nice guy. I bought a dash cap for my 28, and most of a wood kit. He had a sweet vintage set of Torque Thrust 15x7x5.5 that I was really tempted on, but he wanted a vintage price for them that I couldn't really justify for my project. So, it was a fun couple hours BS-ing and digging out old parts. His shop was about eight of mine, if you count floor space and up space.

Anybody want a deal on a 39 Ford PU? :D

Yep... a lil more work on the coupe, finishing up rebuilding the heater for the Nova & getting set up to replace the rack & pinion on the Nova! Although it''s been near freezing at night... it's been in the 60's & 70's in the day! Warmest Dec & Jan I can remember!

BoB

While in the shop I measured the diameter of my new oversized throttle shafts and then checked through my drill bits for [probably] a 39/128ths one. I'll have to make new round holes for these shafts. I didn't measure any reamers though.
Then I finished the day fiddling around with my clawing sled, so that doesn't count as car stuff.

Oh? Any more to share about that O.R.R?

Sure Eman. The Zuki is our Dingy when we go camping......we do a lot of 4 Wheeling. Late Summer of 2019 the B20 Volvo engine that powered it seized.

attachment.php

So I proceeded to tear the whole thing apart to build it to be a more capable with a better ride....and do a new engine too. (1972 B20E Volvo)

attachment.php

I'm done with the suspension, axles, and brakes. Now I'm working on the engine and exhaust. Next I'll be working to fuel inject it via Megasquirt.
I should do a build thread on it because the only thing Suzuki that's left on it is the steering gear, transfer-case and body making it a bonified Rat Rod

Attachments

• IMG_4069.jpg
    IMG_4069.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6398.jpg
    IMG_6398.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back