Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8" to 10" wide with the height being proportional. 10" width preferred. Depends on the size of metal you have, jfg455. Perfection is not a requirement. This is a rat rod. Thank you for your willingness to make the emblem for me.[cl

Sunnybeach, thanks very much for your work setting up the picture. [cl

Wendle, thanks for the offer. I could have told people "It's an Australian REO", if I got the logo from you.:D BTW, the two grandkids (2 1/5 and 9 mos.) that we babysit two days a week are half Aussie.

Flipper, I thought of a few different possibilities like "ROE" & "ELO", but not OREO. Actually, the "REO" on the radiator ended well before the 1928 model. I figured lots of people would ask, "What is it?" so REO on the radiator will give some of them a clue.

I did a little more work and now have this drawn in Illustrator:

attachment.php

It is all hand drawn and has clean paths. When you let the computer trace it, results are unpredictable (in my opinion). I will send a few different versions to jfg455 by email. If anyone else wants the vector version of this, just send me a PM.

Attachments

• REO_Logo_Vector.jpg
    REO_Logo_Vector.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 129
I use Rhino 3D for my CAD work. It is easier to rough it in by using the trace of the image and then "Fixing" it afterwards as far as the curves are concerned. [cl

Here is the finished product. It is about 10" wide by 7" high at the tallest point. If you like it PM me your address and I will ship it out.

On a side note: If anyone else wants one I can do them for $15 shipped in the lower 48 states..;)

Bob gets the prototype discount though![cl

ResizedImage_1364489842544.jpg

ResizedImage_1364489871655.jpg

Nice.

Bob, you could heat it and do the brass brush transfer thing, maybe just on the edges - make it look like the brass plating is wearing off.

When I saw this I had to go change my Depends! I am more appreciative than I can ever express in words.

Sunnybeach & jfg455, I am totally lost regarding the prep work necessary to fire up the plasma cutter. But the results are amazing.[dr

DJ3100, I have been thinking about what finish to put on it. You took care of that issue. A perfect solution.[cl

Again, thank you for this. It will be an important piece on the car.

No problem on my end.

It looks like the middle part of the E lost some curve detail along the way but I know you have the tools and talent to file it down.

No problem on my end.

It looks like the middle part of the E lost some curve detail along the way but I know you have the tools and talent to file it down.

Ahh. I see it now. I had to go back and see what you were talking about. I ment to radius that area before cutting it but must have forgot. I will cut 2 more for you and Bob (revised of course) and I will hang this one on my wall. I was going to cut one for me anyways![cl

CoverBead002.jpg

Speaking of people helping people, I received more help today from Terry & Lee (Tator here on RRR). Putting the beads on the already formed frame covers required some Pullmax tooling modifications and a fence had to be made that would position the piece. Throat clearance proved to be a problem and that pretty much dictated the length of the top bead. I am very pleased with the look of the beads.

I owe them dinner at a half way decent restaurant.

I'm still trying to figure out what you guys saw that was wrong with the "E" in the REO emblem???

I ordered & received braided cloth covered wire from Rhode Island Wire. It is really nice stuff and the price was fair too. Nice for that old time look that I'm after.

Again, a HUGE thank you for the work on the REO emblem.

The problem with the E is not a big deal, there is just a little extra material on the top of the center part.

attachment.php

Attachments

• REO_Logo_Vector.jpg
    REO_Logo_Vector.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 156
Bob, I don't know when the last time I checked this build out, but WOW! This is really looking good. The roof line is perfect and now those side panels.... Really top notch stuff. [P

Bob & Sunny beach your eblems went out in the mail today. I did fix some of the curve issues with the E. Might still need a little tweeking

Thanks

jfg455, thanks for knocking those out. I will keep it as a memento of RRR.

It is easy to sit at the computer and draw up a logo. Bob is the one doing all the hard work. I can't wait to see the next installment.

ShroudAndCharlotte006.jpg

Got a little bit done on a fan shroud today.

Eagerly waiting for the REO emblem. Again, a huge thank you to Sunnybeach and jfg455.

Sam, thanks for the kind words. It's a fun project but going a little slow. I have a few other projects waiting their turn and I'm anxious to get to them. Also, have to spiff up some of the existing rolling stock in case spring ever arrives.

Emblem004.jpg

Garage door spring broke. It tried to kill me but I'm pretty spry for an old guy. Had to take the wife to an appointment. Finally got in the garage after lunch only to figure out most of the fan shroud I built yesterday needed to be revamped.

Mail arrived and with it, I was pleased to find, the REO emblem, formatted by Sunnybeach and plasma cut by jfg455. Man, do I love it! Thanks again guys.

Still have not decided if the car will be rusty, a flat color, or bare metal so finishing the radiator shell, mesh insert and REO emblem is still up in the air.

Bob

Bob ---- OLD dont think so... You are doing some great work! When is N. St Paul cruise going to start? We might make a trip up again this summer.

52 fordman

Latest posts

Back