What a deal, One more tv builder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know with this economy 20k will get you one hell of a sweet ride. Or I could build a few rides....;)

Seriously? They run 12-15 commercials on a 30 minute show, they should not need an investor for each car...

Does it bother anyone else that we pay for cable and still watch stupid commercials for 1/2 of the show time?

Seriously? They run 12-15 commercials on a 30 minute show, they should not need an investor for each car...

Does it bother anyone else that we pay for cable and still watch stupid commercials for 1/2 of the show time?

Exactly the reason I threw away my last TV over 10 years ago and haven't paid for cable tv since. You can find streams (live or pre-recorded/aired) for just about any show/program you could possibly want on the internet and in most cases the streamcasters clipped out the ads.

I only watch shows on DVR now as a result of the over-commercialization of tv land...
Unless its sports, which I am on the mute button on every commercial...

I am happy they passed the law about commercial volume being louder than the program you were watching... that used to really irritate me.... thats when the mute button started...

What I would like to see, and I would happily support companies who did this, is like in soccer matches they have a company logo in the corner that shows who is paying for the commercial free coverage.... now thats a great idea to me =)

Hows this for a rant... I got downright mean :D

WOW.. another way to try and get $15,000 for a $5,000 pile of poo
What are Turdpounders going for these days something like $500 an hour? You'd think doods with welding skills that would get them kicked off a McDonalds build and no practical aptitude would be somewhat cheaper than getting your car done at MAACO
I spent some time in the body shops and I knew a few of those guys who had talent that came in 1 gallon cans or were such good welders they didn't need to replace at least all the spotwelds the factory used and they were usually the ones thought their time was worth the most. They'd pick up other cars to do on the side, f' them up royally or spend so much time on them never get them done before the owner would have to rescue what was left.

With ratrods and even hotrods there isn't a "finished product" standard. The benchmark of a guy with top skills is one who can make it look like it came from the factory that way. It's more of a deal where you work it over till you like it.
That works fine when your building your own stuff.
Guys like Foose and Boyd (yes he really built cars himself with his own hands) have/had the skills to go beyond the quality of new manufacture
But some rides I've seen... IDK... I'd have to be led to believe they were built to resemble a place pidgeons had roosted to agree the builder had achieved his goal>
Crummy welds and poor design are nothing to be ashamed of if that's the best you can do.
You'll get better
But less than adequate as a standard is just dumb and I can't see where a failmaster gets off thinking he's worth so much.
A fool and his money are easily parted

Last edited:
They are going to go out and purchase a vehicle for 5-10k? [S I've seen some of these shows where they dole out huge bucks for crap. No thanks.

I suspect they're trying to avoid another Gas Monkey debacle. Even the sponsors lose money on that gig. :D

YES.

I only watch shows on DVR now as a result of the over-commercialization of tv land...
Unless its sports, which I am on the mute button on every commercial...

I've been known to record live events. I'll wait half an hour to watch a football game and FF thru the damn commercials. :D:D

Yep...DVR the programs I want and FF thru the crap..

Anyone remember when they first started Cable tv???? It was supposed to be commercial free pay tv.... beat us to death with it and got us to buy into it...then.....oh, we'll have to raise the rates unless we allow advertising....then...oh we still need to raise the rate to expand the shows...then....oh we need new technology so up the rates...and so on and so on and so on......Now....we watch an hour show with 35 to 40 minutes of commercials.....:eek:

eventually when we get it all together and working we will have free internet where every user is essentially running a repeater or node and all mobile and land line phone calls, movies, everything will move on the freenet at no cost other than the electricity and the hardware.
It's not just going to be open source software it;s going to be open source infrastructure.

Latest posts

Back