dodge 360 questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones

Well guys i just rolled my 2000 dodge durango.....but on the upside! (gotta stay positive right?) no ones seriously injured...although my durangos totaled...It gives me parts for a rat rod build [;) well i was wondering if anyone had any experience with the dodge 360 magnum engines? I heard that they make carburetor intake manifolds and aftermarket cams and heads and such for this engine? Is the magnum engine block any different from the older 360 blocks? Im kind of feeling a 408 stroker with a 4 speed....what do you guys think? [S

Sorry to hear about you totaling your Durango but glad no one was hurt.

I'm in the process of putting a 5.9 Magnum in a '47 Dodge pickup.
I was going to use the fuel injection system but decided it was way to much trouble. Going to put an Edelbrock 7577 air gap intake, an Edelbrock carb, distributor and an electric fuel pump on it.

When I get it running and checked out I plan on putting the cam and aluminum heads on it. You can get close to 450 HP out of this engine with no machine work if your short block is all in good shape.

The early 360 has a different front cover, cam shaft has a mechanical fuel pump eccentric, different intake bolt pattern on the heads. The pan and rear housing will interchange but one is internally balanced on the flex plate and the other is externally balanced so you have to be careful and do your research.

Good luck and have fun.

summit has an intake for a carburator for magnum motor on clearance right now. $169 get it while they still have them!

Latest posts

Back