Smallfoot's 46 Chevy Flatbed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know how I missed this thread.[S
Now that you and your new project have bonded you will be good to go with clear skies and smooth sailing. ;)
A neighbor had one of these that I tried to get my hands on to build a ramp truck with. Was going to do the same type of swap that you are talking about. It was In about the same shape as yours appears to be. The bigger ones seemed to hold up better then the pickups. Most likely they were used less.
Looking forward to seeing this.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Got some investigating on the paint done and found the paint already. Also found a correct front bumper. They were a one year only deal on the big truck. That's a correct bumper and paint scheme on this truck. I took the paint down a little at a time and verified it. The blue is a color called "Export Blue". The interior would have been silvery brown with hammered finish. The fenders and boards were black.

Paint? aha simple. A handful of foam brushes, maybe a smooth roller, a whole bunch of masking tape, about 40 gallons of elbow grease and voilla.it'll look jest like dat picture..professional results every time[cl[cl[cl[P

Got one of them thar bottles on the end of a hose that atomizes paint. Think I'll sling a liquid dust cloud in the air and tow the truck thru it a couple times...:rolleyes::D

I think I'll try to clean it up some and straighten it out as I can but probably still won't go overboard trying to get it perfect. I'm a realist. Something so shiny I worry about scratching just won't do well. So far, all of what has been done is just mental. Lining things up in my mind and getting plans set as to what steps first. Taking measurements. I keep waiting on a glitch to show up but so far the only stumble is I haven't torn into it. Right now, I need to keep trailers empty and ready for jobs already in progress. There's gonna be plenty of refuse when I tear the motor home apart and I'm planning on it leaving as the piles generate. Making a final run on cleaning the barn(about 1/3 done). Then a quick disc brake upgrade on the 31. The next auto project should be the 46...I hope...

I'm chomping at the bit to get started on this one. So many things overlapping my time right now I'm losing my patience. Made a little pact with myself today....get something off and out of the way of the move daily...it'll go without notice...
So, I slowed down while walking by enough today to snatch some pieces.

Haha! I was messing around inside and checked the glove box...the key still hangs in the ignition that gets it open too...works...kool!!!

I know about too many irons in the fire. :D And I'm retired!

Have you priced that missing little piece of glass for the turn signal on top of your headlight yet? Best sit down first. I have a bare set of those buckets, and was thinking about getting the rest of the pieces. :eek: I decided to go with the original lollypops instead. Hope you have it. :D

man that grille is perfect. gotta love grain trucks, shedded for years!

Couple of little dings but workable. The cab metal around the bottom is the only part that will need a little massaging to get it smoother.
Next thing in the cab will be ripping the head liner out to get to all the rat's nests up there. I can see behind the little covers for the wiper motors that the ceiling looks full of stuff. Might as well get the eviction notice ready...:D

Couple of little dings but workable. The cab metal around the bottom is the only part that will need a little massaging to get it smoother.
Next thing in the cab will be ripping the head liner out to get to all the rat's nests up there. I can see behind the little covers for the wiper motors that the ceiling looks full of stuff. Might as well get the eviction notice ready...:D
Don't forget to wear a dust mask. Those critters $#!t in their own house. :eek:

Latest posts

Back