1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I've been planning on doing an actual exhaust system for this car but hadn't gotten around to it until now. It's nice to be able to not have earplugs in while she's running. Just some 2" pipe and cherry bomb glass packs that I had lying around.

I've got some heatshield pieces I'm gonna put around the glasspacks just so the red paint doesn't stand out so bad.

So, bad news for copper today. Was talking to a coworker this morning after work and letting it warm up for a few minutes when I noticed a small amount of coolant on the block. So this afternoon after I woke up I went out to the shop and used a wire wheel on the block around the core plug and what looked like a crack. Well, I let it sit there idleing until it was warm and sure enough, there's a crack in the block. So, she's gonna get a new heart when I get the time. In the mean time, it's not leaking a lot and I don't drive her on a regular basis so she'll be okay for the summer. Already found a new engine for her but there's been a lot of unexpected expenses this summer so I'll have to see how things pan out.

I've never had a problem with it clogging rads or heater cores. I use it in my trucks, if it will seal a diesel water leak it will seal about anything else. Better stuff than some of the junk sealers out there.

My 327 that I have in my 50 Chevy has tube of Old Silver Seal in it. It has a sleeve in one of the back cylinders that was done years ago and it is always drank a little water my dad said when he ran it period so we put some of that in it and it's never used a drop of water. Bama is right there is some junk out there but there is also some stuff that works

So seeing as I need more room to build the essex, along with really have to pay off some bills, I have decided that coppertone is going to go up for sale this fall. It has taken a lot of thought and consideration and hate to do it but y'all know how life gets in the way of things. I just really hope the next guy loves her and has just as much fun with her as I did.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 40
Got a bit bored yesterday and finally found my old Hummvee top so guess what car has a new camo convertible top? It just snaps on and off. I might have gotten the back a bit too tight but you could bounce a penny off of it. While I was at it I finally got around to building my roof rack. Used the lower half of a 500 gallon cube cage and some old barn wood I had lying around. I'll have to go through and sand it down and laquer it once it dries out a bit. We got our first rainfall in almost 6 months. Which has also helped put out the fires that have been going on since June. Anyhow, enough rambling, heres how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1739.jpg
    IMG_1739.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 34
So the other day(saturday) we took her out to chinook, about 60 miles round trip, for a car show. Anything over 1500 rpm in 4th gear and she'd start getting the shakes. On the way back she got a bit worse but made it there and back in one piece. Got her home and jacked up the front end and the drivers side wheel would wobble like crazy. The hub was tight, king pin through the spindle didn't move, but boy howdy was there a lot of slop in the axle boss. So here's where I am at. Do I weld the boss up, redrill, and then ream it to the right size? Or do I replace the axle altogether and go back to a factory parallel leaf setup? I can do either as I have all the needed parts but I'm not sure what would last longer.

According to Dick Spadoro, an early Ford expert (now sadly deceased), the following technique works:
Drill and tap a hole for a 1/4" set screw in the axle boss slightly above the boss centerline, in the outer end of the boss. The set screw takes up the slop by pushing the kingpin inward.

Well, winter came early and power is out all over town including my place of employment but they have us here anyway. Good thing I brought her into the shop this morning because otherwise she'd be pretty weighed down with snow.

Attachments

• IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1756.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back