What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the AOD installed, measured for having a drive shaft made, finished the brake lines to all four disks, worked on figuring out power steering hoses, and was going to install the KYB rear shocks...they're too short. The application chart says they're for a '56 Fairlane, but the Monroe shocks for this car are a little over 3" longer, extended. I guess I'll order some Monroes. All in all, a fairly productive weekend. :)

Took an extended weekend off and towed the Essex out to Lethbridge Ab. to visit the Kids and Grand kids, put a lot of smiles on 9 little faces going for rides.
:D

Repete Offender

I was going to work on the 39, but then I was reminded that my pool team had Regional Playoffs this weekend in 9-ball. We won three rounds in a row! We are going to the Nationals in Vegas this coming August! I don't much love Vegas, I just want bragging rights that I played at the Nationals. I am stoked. :D[cl
This weekend we competed in the 8-ball Regional Playoffs. We did it again! Crazy... We will now be sentenced to 9 days in the desert. At least they also give us a little over $8K to pay for it all.

When I got into league play, I never expected to be in the Nationals, I just wanted to shoot some pool and have fun. :eek:

Congrats Skip!

I got my measurements all made on the 46 and my donor motor home....looks like the swap is going to be too easy....there's something wrong..[ddd:D

I painted the front porch railing which has about a hunnert spindles. Yuk.

Then I saved the free world from communism.

Got the right shocks installed in the rear, finished up all the bracketry, etc. and re-routed a couple of brake lines, installed the sway bar and new bushings, started trying to make an old Mustang shifter detents work with the AOD, fiddled around with finding the right yokes to send with the driveshaft for shortening.

Nothing picture-worthy... :D

I finally found the keys that I'd hid really well last fall. When I tried to start the '55 Merc pick-up, the fairly new battery was dead. So it got boosted for a couple of hours. Oh, the brake lights were on, hmmm. Probably the brake light switch, --- nope. The wiring then, yea, ---- nope, well probably not, [this truck was built really well by the previous owner, until it came to the wiring, whooa.] So now I've taken the steering wheel apart to look at the signal/brake light switching mechanism. It looks good, so I gave up for the night.

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 20
I had a driveshaft built from a couple different shafts I had, so I installed the u-joints and put the shaft in...everything looks great! I love it when that happens. ;) I started gravity bleeding the brakes, but gave up at suppertime. I'll continue when I have more time. I also made up a new custom radiator hose for the lower hose so it will clear the power steering belt. The brake pedal was the one for use with a clutch, and I wanted it to be larger so I made a new one... I call the brake pedal the "dammit" pedal when racing, so I welded that word on the face of the new pedal for some traction. (and because it's comical, at least to me) :) I'll take some big aluminum signs I got to work tomorrow and bend them up into inner fenders (hopefully) on the hydraulic brake. It's nice making progress, but I still have a really long way to go.

Attachments

• IMG_20170625_145910_133[1].jpg
    IMG_20170625_145910_133[1].jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 21
I had a driveshaft built from a couple different shafts I had, so I installed the u-joints and put the shaft in...everything looks great! I love it when that happens. ;) I started gravity bleeding the brakes, but gave up at suppertime. I'll continue when I have more time. I also made up a new custom radiator hose for the lower hose so it will clear the power steering belt. The brake pedal was the one for use with a clutch, and I wanted it to be larger so I made a new one... I call the brake pedal the "dammit" pedal when racing, so I welded that word on the face of the new pedal for some traction. (and because it's comical, at least to me) :) I'll take some big aluminum signs I got to work tomorrow and bend them up into inner fenders (hopefully) on the hydraulic brake. It's nice making progress, but I still have a really long way to go.
Love the pedal. :D

Went to Back to the 50's last week end. My registration number was 11,500-something. Big show. The REO found a new owner.

Sorry to see the REO go. But as consolation there will be many pix from BTTF
right? :D

Some pics from the show will be coming. My photobucket is almost full so I have been stingy with pics.
The Reo was built more for eye appeal than for driving. My stiff old bones don't want to fold up that much any more. So, if it is still available I'm going to buy the cab, hood and radiator shell off this Chevy truck for a winter project. Winter is only 3 months away around here.

I would build it like the Dodge pictured on the next page.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back