Eastwood Bead Roller

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking at these today on Ebay. Whats the verdict on the Eastwood one? Im alittle ignorant on these but can you make a corner with them?

Corners for me are tough to do even with our ProTools motorized one. It is hard to get them to be symetrical and to hit the lines perfectly. But that is just me.:eek:

Don

I was just looking at these today on Ebay. Whats the verdict on the Eastwood one? Im alittle ignorant on these but can you make a corner with them?

The corners are hard to do in that if you have multiple corners to get them looking the same it will take some practice. You'll need to make a stencile to follow as well Also it will be a two man job with this roller. I might try to hook up a motor to mine.

-Troy

I have a bead roller from eastwood but its a heavy duty blue one. I love mine but it a pain as it need two people( have to bug hubby and i just get the not again look lol) corners can be tricky but will practice it starts to get easier :)

No offense taken...and I couldn't agree with you more! They called today and are going to send another one...I told them to open it first and make sure that everything is right. At lease they are trying to make it right.

-Troy
If more people were prepared to do this maybe importers would realise something is amiss and maybe start manufacturing in the USA again. The trouble is everybody is looking for cheap, and it just isn't cheap to manufacture in the USA.

If they are going to get stuff made offshore they need to be right on top of their quality control, to make sure that "cheap" doesn't equate to "cheap junk".

I live in the far east, lived here for the better part of the last 20 years. I'm halfway through having a house and garage built, and I know for a fact that a certain percentage of people here have a real "I don't give a f**k" attitude towards their work. :mad:

I could pull a torchman sized post here....but..

If more people were prepared to do this maybe importers would realise something is amiss and maybe start manufacturing in the USA again. The trouble is everybody is looking for cheap, and it just isn't cheap to manufacture in the USA.

If they are going to get stuff made offshore they need to be right on top of their quality control, to make sure that "cheap" doesn't equate to "cheap junk".

I live in the far east, lived here for the better part of the last 20 years. I'm halfway through having a house and garage built, and I know for a fact that a certain percentage of people here have a real "I don't give a f**k" attitude towards their work. :mad:

I won't.... suffice it to say that work ethics, pride in your work and taking responsibility for your work is a dying practice....:(

Well as a follow up I'm giving the Eastwood Bead Roller 2.5 out of 5 stars. Mainly because of the threads that tighten both the handle in place and put tension on the rollers themself are completely useless. I've had to drill and re-tap both and use different hardware. I didn't send it back for that because I'm sure that whatever they were going to send me will have the same issues. It is worth the money though if you're willing to make a few adjustments/"enhancements" to it.

Hope this helps.

-Troy

Haven't tried them yet. Still getting use to using it. I think I'm going to hook up some kind of electric drive with a foot pedal and give them a try after that. I think it would be impossible to do without a second pair of hands.

-Troy

Working on getting a bead roller to play with, eastwood has them on sale till the end of the year for $120. Came across a servo drive and gear reduced motor that runs on 120/240VAC. Going to try and set that up as a universal power station. I want to set it up to run a chain and be able to move it to run a slip roll, bead roller, what ever. Even thought about going as far as trying to build a small lathe and drive it from that. Who knows, possibilities with that are endless.

Man.....where there is a will (need)

Working on getting a bead roller to play with, eastwood has them on sale till the end of the year for $120. Came across a servo drive and gear reduced motor that runs on 120/240VAC. Going to try and set that up as a universal power station. I want to set it up to run a chain and be able to move it to run a slip roll, bead roller, what ever. Even thought about going as far as trying to build a small lathe and drive it from that. Who knows, possibilities with that are endless.

There is always a way.....good luck with that.....let us know how it goes and include some pics so we can take advantage of all that hard work.....LOL

The roller in the picture isn't my work. It belongs to HAMBer NealinCa. He wrote a tech article on how he turned a sow's ear into a silk purse. I always have been planning on doing something along the same lines, and bookmarked the tech. I am not that gifted. Sorry, I should have mentioned in my first post. Just tryin' share.:eek:

Eastwood

Just got a bead roller from Eastwood the other day and finally got it out of the box to play with it some. Yep as you can guess it needs some work. But over all i am happy with what i have gear mesh is good, all the bolts and threads seem to be go so far but i did notice some deflection and spread of the dies. What has any one else done to one they bought to help correct this. Either form eastwood, Woddward or Hf. It was on Ebay for a good deal just over $120.00 shipping included! So i had to get it.

52 fordman

52....I think most reinforce the C or U or whatever...

to make it stiff and not move under load... I've see some that they welded another section right over the C or U (top and bottom flanges) or whatever you want you to call it.....my woodward needed tweeked a tad as for loose bolts and such when I got it.....but honestly what little deflection I get is minimal.... unless your doing some really heavy 16ga stuff....jmho

I used 2x2 to firm mine up.Used a go cart chain and sprockets and an Ebay motor to make it powered.

Attachments

• 2012-03-25 23.30.25.jpg
    2012-03-25 23.30.25.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 87

Latest posts

Back