1942 Chevy Power Master Cylinder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docrock100

I am building a 42 Chevy truck with stock suspension and frame, sbc 700r4, disc brakes, and drums on 55 rear axle. I want the master cylinder under the floor with a 7 inch booster. I could make something but have always tried to use kits for unstock performance upgrades. Just in case I sell it I don't have to worry about someone dying in my build. I looked on line and the 47-54 kits are a good buy but what is the frame difference between 46 and 47 where the kit mounts? Thanks for any help

1947 was a transition year for Chevrolet. Trucks produced early in the year were AK series ('41-'47). Trucks produced later in the year were AD series ('47-'54).

The AK frame...

4247csm202a.jpg

4247csm202b.jpg

and the AD frame...

attachment.php

Images plucked from http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/ (I recommend this site to any Chevy guy.)

Anyhow, I don't know the details, but there is definitely a difference and I'd fully expect the '47-'54 kit would require some adaptation.

Attachments

• ad frame.jpg
    ad frame.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 55
Thanks for the info. I think the important measurement is the inside frame dimension, which mine is 5 7/16, and the frame width, mine is 2 inches. If anyone has a 47 -54 and it measures the same that would be great info.

Looks like this kit will not work. The cross member for the trans is in the way. The brake arm hits the column. So, it seems I have parts to try to make something. I have been looking on line and actually have not seen a pedal assembly for this truck for the conversion. The original pedals would have attached to the trans if I remember right

It works

After a little effort I got it to work. I had to mount it lower and remove the cross member. I bought an aftermarket trans cross member for the AD and it fit perfect. I am driving the truck now and have no issues with the brakes

Latest posts

Back