39 Ford PU Moonshine Bandit AKA. (Booze Bandit)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 1st chop 39 ford PU Moonshine Bandit AKA. Booze Runner

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0326.jpgTattoo Freak and RRR followers here pics of my 1st chop it turned out ok I would do it alot differant again. I learned alot from the chop hope u guys like ... (The Outlaw) .... [;) [S [cl

39 Ford Chopped AKA. (Booze Runner)

This is a pic of the use of card board working on the bed which is going to be a short shot bed ... I tried to load some pic of after chop but 3 of my photos wont upload... I know these pics and thread is pooring from me but I'm trying to get caught up with my build.. I've been building this truck since aug. 2012 , and wanted to start this thread but not real good with computors but thought what the hell lets do this... Here I am trying to get caught up.. I hope you all enjoy reading and getting ideas from other peoples build.. I ran across this guy that had 2 39 ford cabs so I bought them both for 500.00 1 has doors and the other no doors... My truck will be fenderless cab and engine moved back which makes a short short bed this is what I wanted.. I'm 52 yrs old and been around dirt racing all my life.. When I started reading about rat rods I was hooked.. I want this truck to be low slung without air bagged.. I want it dependable and handle great.. This chassis was bad ass on the track but I realize now I'm changing everything up like always I get bored I just want a unique truck that is way differant from any one elses build. Thanks for following keep your eyes for more to come.. Once I get the look then we will trick it all out and that when it will get good and fun .. (THE OUTLAW)

Attachments

• IMAG0350.jpg
    IMAG0350.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 74
I think you did a fantastic job on the chop-especially for your first one! I hope mine turns out that good. Your thread is not boring-we love this stuff. I love the look of the bed mock-up. Keep posting away we'll be watching

looks good....

sometimes l wish all the build thread posts moved this fast, we all could be way ahead on our builds this way and driving them sooner[;)

Later :cool:

Looking sweet..........Chop turned out real good. I see you went with the add a piece down the middle instead of messing with the pillars.

Lungs

Looking sweet..........Chop turned out real good. I see you went with the add a piece down the middle instead of messing with the pillars.

Lungs

Yes , I went with the add section, but Im going to go back and redo the sectioning it has a dip in it I will deal with that later. I wanted to keep the stock location of the windsheild I thought but I learned alot what to do and not to do. Im trying to figure out the main stuff then I will try and do some cool fab work so it will have it own idenity.. Thanks for following ... (The Outlaw) [;)

Chassis work on the Moonshine Bandit AKA. (Booze Runner)

I started the chopping on the frame and building frame horns... As u see in pics I have chopped all the spring buckets out and boxing the frame in straight... Then I thought well why not just ad some frame horns to mimmick the old frame... Which I really like that idea so I started doing that and really like it and took pics... Set back and looked at the pictures , I really want to skinny the frame rails up to the cross member.. So if I do that I will loose the steering box and drag link ... So I wood need to put rack n pinion on ... Thinking about a rack off an late model but havent ever ran one on the street dont know where that will take me ... Any one ever ran a late model rack on the street if so give me your 2 cents ... Im not for sure what to do there but I think I better set back and drink some shine and let my head get all fuzzy... Then maybe the cards will fall into place... Before that happens I better down load some pictures for u guys ... Help me out here fellow RRR family.. Waiting to hear what u all have to say... Thanks for following my build ... (The Outlaw) [S

Attachments

• 100_1069.jpg
    100_1069.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_1070.jpg
    100_1070.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_1071.jpg
    100_1071.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_1072.jpg
    100_1072.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_1073.jpg
    100_1073.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_1074.jpg
    100_1074.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 81
Outlaw-the frame horns look really good-as far as the late model rack-I can't answer that. I'm new to the rat rod scene as far as cars goes anyways-I was more into rat bikes before. But the rest of these guys on here will be able to answer your questions-so sit back enjoy your shine and wait for the others to chime in. Keep up the great work!

Outlaw-the frame horns look really good-as far as the late model rack-I can't answer that. I'm new to the rat rod scene as far as cars goes anyways-I was more into rat bikes before. But the rest of these guys on here will be able to answer your questions-so sit back enjoy your shine and wait for the others to chime in. Keep up the great work!

Thanks tattoofreak , the shine has me smiling away.. I think the frame horns is looking good myself thanks for your response . (The Outlaw). [cl

38/39 Ford PU

Hello there fellow RRR members , Im looking to purchase a tailgate and (R) & (L) door for 38 or 39 ford pu. I would love to find a super nice chrome grill if possible but would take one thats not chrome... Any help would be appreciated Thanks (The Outlaw)

Hey Outlaw-did you figure anything out on the rack yet? As far as the parts ya need, are they for the one you are working on now? if so the ones you have don't look all that bad. There was a guy posting grills and housings on cl around here-I can try to find it, but they didn't look any better than what's on your truck now.

Hey Outlaw-did you figure anything out on the rack yet? As far as the parts ya need, are they for the one you are working on now? if so the ones you have don't look all that bad. There was a guy posting grills and housings on cl around here-I can try to find it, but they didn't look any better than what's on your truck now.

Tattoofreak : No I have another nice cab that I'm looking for a grill and 2 doors also I'm looking for a hood.. Thanks for anything I can work with would be better than what I have now for it.... (The Outlaw)

39 Ford PU AKA. (Booze Runner)

Thought I would check in hadn't done much to the truck , Ive been working alot of hrs. But I have been thinking about what I should do with the suspension . I want the coil over look but also would like to bag it , not for sure what to do ???? :confused: Any ideas would be greatly appreciated THANKS (The Outlaw) [S [S

Outlaw-tried to find the listing on c-list for the grill but it was gone. I'll keep my eyes open-it's on there every so often. As far as your front suspension, check out the build thread titled "kool rat,under 3 grand, 25 mpg" he's got some great ideas going on that might help you.

39 Ford PU Moonshine Bandit

Well guys sorry hadnt been working on the ole 39 lately been working long hrs any where from 13 to 14 hrs a day .... Was planning on working on this weekend but woke up saturday morning sick with the flu in bed all day sat. Feeling a little better but not good enough to be in the shop.. Maybe next weekend ... :mad: about it

Back in shop 39 Ford pu Moonshine Bandit

Feeling better still not up to par. I worked on right side frame horn doing some fab and welding . I decided to stay with coil over and ordered them and they came in from speedway glad I did. (No to air bags on this one) . I'm going to air bag our 47 Chevy truck build when I get back on my wifes truck. That's going to be a fun build her dad had a 47 Chevy when she was a small girl. Her play up on top it was an awesome pic. It's going to be on s-10 chassis ... I have to share with u guys what I purchased the other day. I bought a 49 Ford f6 its all there its a stake bed with v8 flat head off one my old farmer buddy. It's going to be an awesome build. 2 speed rear axle. I don't have any pic to post right now but will take some this weekend or maybe tonite. Building rat rod is my Passion have fun building your projects. [cl. [;)

no S#/T!

RB, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT MY TRUCK LOOKS LIKE NOW!!!! It looks like the 1 chromasome short clone of yours! I gotta get some pics up! nice truck Brudda!

Latest posts

Back