Project A.D.D 25 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoitink

As most of you may know I'm building a Merc with with wife. But she went out on holidays to visit her sister, and I picked this up from a club mender. So on with the build. It's from what I'm told a 25 Chevy and the plan is to make it a roadster.

My score so to say.
1.jpg

First thing is to ditch the door tops.
2.jpg

Little better
3.jpg

Starting to look like something.
5.jpg

4.jpg

Starting the frame.
6.jpg

Hanging the front suspension.
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Rear end mocked up.
10.jpg

very nice indeed... I like how you do the front of your frames

Well got a little done this weekend. Got my frame all welded up and gusseted, cross member made and motor mounts.
13.jpg

12.jpg

For my fuel tank I'm going to use a air tank off a highway tractor.
14.jpg

17.jpg

Got the rad support mocked up.
15.jpg

20.jpg

Also started my trunk last night. Although I'm thinking I went a little thick on the rear panel think it's 16 gauge freek'n hard to bend.
18.jpg

19.jpg

Well got to work back on the roadster again but left my camera at work, so on with the crappy cell phone pictures.

My buddy is storing his rotiserry at my place to I figured I'd give it a try and do some patching.
23.jpg

24.jpg

Removal of some crust
25.jpg

26.jpg

Next start with some innards
27.jpg

28.jpg

Then ran all the brake lines and got some paint on the frame
29.jpg

Next was to pull my crusty 283 for the project.
30.jpg

Got a little more of my innards done and I have my camera this time, and got my motor cleaned up.
31.JPG

32.JPG

33.JPG

34.JPG

you are building a really cool lookin roadster out of almost nothing..thats one of the things I love about this site..awesome job!

This is a very inspirational build. Like ShovelHeadShawn said, you are making a cool ride out of really rough material.

Not sure on the front end thinking it's mid 40's though with.

Well it's got some paint on it and the headers done last night. Waiting on brake parts and odds and ends.

35.JPG

36.JPG

37.JPG

Latest posts

Back