A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you are having a lot of fun with this one, Bob.
Good for you.������
Torchie

Yes I am, Torchie. But I'm only good for 2-3 hours a day.

Today I dug a pair of '27 Model T Headlights out of the attic. They have cool fluted lenses. Spent my time making a mounting bar and uprights. Pics to follow. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. Wife has plans.

Got headlights. The crossbar is an Anglia tie rod. The tie rod end clamps allow the headlight bar to be rotated up and down so the headlights will do likewise..

Attachments

• Headlights 001.jpg
    Headlights 001.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 31
  • Headlights 002.jpg
    Headlights 002.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Headlights 003.jpg
    Headlights 003.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 32
Not much to show, but what the heck...
I used the bent up Hupmobile horn bezel and found a way to fit it, the steering wheel and the scorpions together and still be able to take it apart. I made a wedge plate between the dash and the column drop to get the right angle.
If you look down low there's a slip fit bracket that bolts to the tow board and holds the steering column in place.

Attachments

• Scorpion 001.jpg
    Scorpion 001.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Scorpion 002.jpg
    Scorpion 002.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 22
The unique use of so many various parts coming together so incredibly right is nothing but top shelf stuff. A tip of the welding helmet to you sir! [;) [cl

[P[P[P

Thanks for the comments, boys. I appreciate it. Mondays is lunch with Dave & Jerry. Sometimes it lasts till super time. Shy on work done today but these trespassers were eating bird seed and corn 15 feet outside my window. There were four for a while. I also get red and grey squirrels, crows, juncos, cardinals, blue jays and rabbits.

Attachments

• does 001.jpg
    does 001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 28
Love the horn button! Cool beans on the deer and other animals. No deer hear except for some 2 legged dear [dr But I do get wabbits & bear. I left the slider open to my bedroom the other night and when I came in Mr wabbit was sitting right in the middle of my room. Good thing the dog was slacking.

The bear on the other hand can't get into the yard cause is 6' fenced, well they could but never bother. They normally just like to sit on the front lawn and eat my garbage.

BTW...that's a bear proof can. They sit on the ground with the can between their legs and screw the top off. LOL

Attachments

• DSCF0414.jpg
    DSCF0414.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 34
Couper, does the New Jersey devil live near you?:D

I haven't seen bears in my yard but others in the area have. We have an over abundance of turkeys, but so far they haven't been feeding on my stuff.

I forgot to include the rooster pheasant that comes most mornings.

Couper, does the New Jersey devil live near you?:D

I haven't seen bears in my yard but others in the area have. We have an over abundance of turkeys, but so far they haven't been feeding on my stuff.

I forgot to include the rooster pheasant that comes most mornings.

Nice...lots of wildlife. I am the New Jersey Devil! LOL [ddd

I got the '37 Chevy front axle assembly after a rod shop replaced it with a Mustang II for the customer. $15.00. Now going through it. One spindle was tight so I'm finding out the reason why. Parts soaking in vinegar now.

This morning, in my front yard, under some evergreens was this dead hawk. No visible signs of a violent death. Looks plump enough. I'd say natural causes.

Attachments

• Hawk 001.jpg
    Hawk 001.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Hawk 002.jpg
    Hawk 002.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 21
Ron, a friend of mine bought a cute little T Bucket. He thought the spun aluminum gas tank on the back wasn't manly enough. He bought a new one and I got the little fella. I put a floor in the trunk area and mounted the tank.

Thus ends Chapter Two of the Hup build. Getting nice outside. Too many other things, both hot rod and house/yard need attention. Will start up again in the fall.

BTW, some scavenger took the hawk away. But the dead skunk across the road doesn't appeal to even the hungriest of wildlife.

Attachments

• Spun Tank 001.jpg
    Spun Tank 001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Spun Tank 002.jpg
    Spun Tank 002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 18
Just a Little Bit Longer

While I'm waiting for the heads for the Renault I'm fooling around with the Hup. Dave and Jerry came over and we separated the body from the chassis. I then took it all apart. Presently filling all the holes in the frame that will be visible when it is reassembled. Doing the welding on the bottom too.

Now it's all going in the back garage until fall. Honest.

Attachments

• Hup Apart 001.jpg
    Hup Apart 001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Hup Apart 002.jpg
    Hup Apart 002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Hup Apart 003.jpg
    Hup Apart 003.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back