Identify these heads, please.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleyboy

Never to old to have a happy childhood
I know it's probably a stupid question to ask with just a pic, but I can't find any #s on these heads. I think they are Chevrolet, but I'm not sure. Where should I look for #s. On the inside of the heads there is a # 20. That's all I have been able to find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Harleyboy
IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

They are Chevy heads not sure what year but a later light casting smog era head. Maybe 1975 up. The edge where the spark plugs are is scalloped not straight across as on earlier heads. Check to see if it has a doulbe heat riser passage if it does these had problems cracking (882 casting) and was later changed. The numbers are usually on top between the valves and rocker studs.

Is there any cast in shapes on the ends of the heads you can tell the casting numbers by those also.

Last edited:
heads

Possibly a 1.50-1.84, or a 1.60-1.94. If they are 1.84's last 3 digits could be 416's as they are popular 305 stuff, 58cc chamber.

Latest posts

Back