Chevy 307

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
build that 307 add a comp. cams 268 hi engery or a 270 magnum cam and set of 305 ho heads with alittle port work (biggest thing port match) and a performer intake, and you will be pleased with it.

Those Oldsmobile V8's were used in a lot of other 80's GM cars, Chevys,Firebirds, Buicks, some Caddys, the diesel version was even used in pickups. At one time GM had 5 completely different 350 V8 engines in production Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Cadillac. In Canada, Pontiacs commonly came with Chevy V8's right from the mid 50's, in another odd move, some mid to late 50's Chev trucks came with Nailhead Buick engines. Even Oldsmobiles got Chevy V8's in the 80's.
Some buyer backlash happened when they found out - dedicated buyers of a certain GM brand were ticked off to find their new car had an engine from a different brand. This was fueled further by some spectacular flops like the awful dog Turbo Trans Ams with their turboed 307 Olds engine, a real turd.

never saw a caddie 350. if your thinking of the ones in the 90's they had chevy lt1's.

never saw a caddie 350. if your thinking of the ones in the 90's they had chevy lt1's.

I stand corrected ! The year I was thinking of was the 1979 Eldorado, it came with a 350 but guess what - it was an Olds engine too! In 1980 they replaced it with the 368 Caddy engine, though it was of the 425, 472, 500 family with a smaller bore.

thats alright most of the time i have crs, see i had forgotten about the eldo and the seville having the olds 350 in them.

[P

Does anyone know where to get cams. Tunnelram intakes. High performance parts... something other than alternarers. Chrome valve covers. Suspension ETC. I got a 1988 caddy with a 5.0 motor that I was told is a 307ci.. and its going in a 30ford so I'm not forking for block hugger headers I'm looking for old shcool style hot rod performance parts. And the motor and running gear is from an 88 cadillac sedan brougham rear wheel drive
And help would be appreciated

there is alot of stuff for the olds motor out there, and even thought the 307 has the same size block (i think i'm right, just don't mess with them) as the small block olds, i don't belive there is much for the 307. the ports are alittle different size so i don't know if the 350 intake will work even. my advice is dress up that 307 run it till it quits or till you find a 350 olds to replace it with. some of these motors are good but most just don't run that well, and i hate to say that because i love the olds motors. as for as headers i would buy me some tubing and make a set, cheaper that way.

Does anyone know where I can find a good intake manifold and carb (what size carb) should I run with what intake to get the most bang for my buck

307 Chevy

I put a 307 into a 66 Jeep J2000. It was a great engine, torquey. Had a 2 barrel and dual exhaust run from standard manifolds.

Latest posts

Back