Oil pump for 460

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

Ok, so I am starting to get the new 460 I bought together for the big install next week. The oil pump the PO bought was for a rear sump pick up. I need front sump. My parts guy just told me that I have to buy a HV oil pump to get front sump. That just doesn't make sense to me. I really don't want a HV oil pump. Can anyone help ? I even looked online and can only find HV front sump oil pumps. My motor is a mild Police Interceptor build, and really doesn't need a bigger pan and high volume oil pump. Any help would be appreciated.

High volume is good, high pressure, not so much so. A high volume will help keep everything lubed since it pushes more oil at the same pressure as a stock pump.

a front sump is out of vans and 4x4s a rear sump is out of 2wds trucks, cars they put the sump in front to get away from the 4x4 chunk . on the trucks ,, maybe this will help I think on the vans the tie rods and such is in the way in the back

Im thinking all the pump hole mounts is in the same place ,, you just have to get your screen and tube to put the pump in the deep part of your pan I have to do the same thing on my 351 mod. I need the sump in the front I have it in the back . it may be hard to find a 4x4 truck or van that had the 460 in it[S

Yep, just got it sorted out. The front sump pump is not really a HV pump, but it is a higher volume than the rear sump for some reason. I just bought a new one on Fleebay this evening. The rear sump is a Melling M84D , and the front sump is a M84B. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back