Mild power upgrade 318la?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what happens when you move off to helfino. Don't know where that is but I'll probably be going close by there in late June or July on the way to Alaska. Might be able to drop it off.

I will call you soon.
A 360 that YOU built sounds great
Because I know the quality of your work.
Top notch

Since you mentioned Pertronix, I assume you have points... if their condition and dwell are off, they can give the "loaded diaper" effect.

The best way to remove power is... suck the timing out of it. :mad: Make sure your advance devices work properly, vacuum diaphragm and line, mechanical weights moving FREELY and completely.

The vacuum advance timing thing does not hold any vacuum at all
AND i had a leaky hose
Replacing both parts tomorrow.

Boy i sure hope this fixes my gutless on hills problem

Attachments

• $_3.jpg
    $_3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
I-R-POPS, Have I got an opportunity for you. If Billy won't take your motor, when you get up into northern Alberta, you'll be going by my farm and you can drop it off there. I live about an hour and half drive before you get to Mile Zero on the Alaska Highway.

I have to open up the distributor and see what the part indicated connects to.

Attachments

• 20170119_153405.jpg
    20170119_153405.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 9
Billly, that arm hooks into the breaker plate [flat plate that the points bolt to]. I'm not as familiar with Chrysler distributers but with Fords you have to put that new vacuum advance in with the distributer breaker plate still in place.
Maybe there's a tutorial on Utube.

Billly, that arm hooks into the breaker plate [flat plate that the points bolt to]. I'm not as familiar with Chrysler distributers but with Fords you have to put that new vacuum advance in with the distributer breaker plate still in place.
Maybe there's a tutorial on Utube.

It doesnt seem to touch anything in there.
I am going to loosen the screws and wiggle it around

I got mad at the direct replacement that seems to do nothing.
Bought a HEI distributor from jegs for 70 bucks

Latest posts

Back