Motor for my 47 Ford Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

I don't know if you guys remember but I was wanting to put an unusual motor in my truck build. I think I have found it. It's a freshly rebuilt VW motor out of a Beatle with an auto stick. I got 2 auto stick trannys too along with 1 rebuild kit.

My plan is to put it up front and have it drive a hydraulic pump that connects to a hydraulic motor connected to my differential.

I'm gonna sell the 2 trannys to fund the hydraulics

I'll probably turbo it too.

Looks like I might get to working on it pretty soon if I can make enough room in my shop.

Attachments

• DSC01753.JPG
    DSC01753.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01752.JPG
    DSC01752.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC01755.JPG
    DSC01755.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01754.JPG
    DSC01754.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 11
It said for my 47 Ford project. You puttin this in a 47 Ford? Truck? Car? Also, I've messed with a few of the auto stick trannys and if they are not adjusted absolutely perfect, they can be a booger .

It said for my 47 Ford project. You puttin this in a 47 Ford? Truck? Car? Also, I've messed with a few of the auto stick trannys and if they are not adjusted absolutely perfect, they can be a booger .

47 Ford truck, it will be a cab only very short bobber, I'm using the original banjo rear end & adapting a transversed high arch spring to it, custom frame Z'd 24" if memory serves me right and the original front axle suicide style, 19x4 Rolls Royce tires 33" tall, I already chopped and channeled th cab but it is going back under the knife (Torch) and I'm hoping to have it stand about 36" to the roof when finished, it should be a relatively light vehicle.

Turns out I was mistaken about the 2 transmissions being auto sticks, They are both very rare fully automatic type 3 transmissions, hoping I can get a few bucks out of them so I can get crackalackin on this thing again.

Latest posts

Back