how is this done?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
:confused: i am very interested in this set up, does any one have any info on how this this of set up was done, think i want to do this on the next project, carb on the exhaust and exhaust on the intake

Attachments

• DSCI0093.JPG
    DSCI0093.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 308
Gastrick just mentioned that he is a member here and username is "cob". Try sendin him a PM hes willin to tell how it works, spendy but way cool.

well i was thinkink maybe up turned headers with 2 4 barrels, for carberation, and then some crazy pipes out the top, , the timing is what i was concerned with. its like its 180 degrees out, but that would still make it draw in from the intake side, guess yuo would need a special cut cam!

:confused: i am very interested in this set up, does any one have any info on how this this of set up was done, think i want to do this on the next project, carb on the exhaust and exhaust on the intake

Better get out u're cuss word dictionary... that is if u're allowed one!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

This is not the first time this question has come up here. Don't remember the details, but I do remember it is all in the cam.....

Well over my head.

My understanding that it is all in the cam. It has to be ground so that the exhaust valves open when the intakes would normally open and vice versa. An engine doesn't really care how it gets fuel or how it gets rid of exhaust, the timing and valve opening just have to be synchronized to make it work.

I guess a good cam grinder could set you up with one. Plus, you would have to be pretty sharp on knowing engine theory I would think.

Don

In my humble opinion, reverse flow on a small block Chevy engine does not make it better, it only makes it different. I've seen and heard it at The Hunnert Car Pileup a few years ago. It draws a lot of attention, and deserves it. I've wanted to know who ground the cam for him.

The guy told me he had Barry Race Cams in Eden Prarie MN rework the cam so it changed how the valves opened and closed. I think he said the distributor was a ford and was machined to run off the front of the cam. He also had to modify something with the oil pump drive. The crank still rotates normal direction. It's got gravity fed makuni carbs and runs on E-85. Really cool setup and it sounds cool too!

Here's a couple more pics of it. Sorry about the 2nd one you'll have to put yer monitor on end;).

Attachments

• DSCI0095.JPG
    DSCI0095.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCI0094.JPG
    DSCI0094.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCI0093.JPG
    DSCI0093.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 75
Here's a couple more pics of it. Sorry about the 2nd one you'll have to put yer monitor on end;).

i would like to talk to this guy anyway possible ? gas? RTd
seems this set up would work well with the lt1 enguine, all the stuff in the right place as far as a dist goes, and the oil pump is driven of the cam , so you wouldnt have to modify there, just a cam and some form of dist.

I hope the owner responds here. Seems to me the ports in the heads would be designed wrong for this backward function, small valves on the intake, big valves on the exhaust and would not be as efficient. May be some cooling issues as well.

I hope the owner responds here. Seems to me the ports in the heads would be designed wrong for this backward function, small valves on the intake, big valves on the exhaust and would not be as efficient. May be some cooling issues as well.

I was thinking the same. But I guess this is one of those things you do just because no one else does it. I wonder how many cams they had to grind to get it right?

I saw the guy post somewhere, that the cam lobes were solid weld.
The valves sizes would compromise hp, but that wasn't a prime consideration.

Latest posts

Back