Tetanus Tornado 49 F6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. If I had a dime for everything I've redone on this thing I could have bought one already finished. But what's the fun in that. Still a long way to go. The bottom of this door only needs a little patch work. the drivers side needs a lot. I haven't decided if I'm replacing or repairing it.[S[;)

Thanks guys. If I had a dime for everything I've redone on this thing I could have bought one already finished. But what's the fun in that. Still a long way to go. The bottom of this door only needs a little patch work. the drivers side needs a lot. I haven't decided if I'm replacing or repairing it.[S[;)

Thats true for many, but most don't have the ego (Or lack of) to admit it.
Part of the reason that mine is just tacked together and fitted right now.
Don't want more do overs then I have too.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Drivers door

After replacing the passenger door I decided it would be less work to replace the drivers door than to repair the bottom and all the hole in the outer skin. I had a door with a fairly decent bottom and a lot less holes from mounting mirrors. This door had a large dent in it with a crease right at the body line. After about an hour prying with a tire iron and working the panel with a body hammer the door will only need a little filler.

Attachments

• DSC01177.JPG
    DSC01177.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01178.JPG
    DSC01178.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01179.JPG
    DSC01179.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01180.JPG
    DSC01180.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01181.JPG
    DSC01181.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01182.JPG
    DSC01182.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01183.JPG
    DSC01183.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01187.JPG
    DSC01187.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01186.JPG
    DSC01186.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01185.JPG
    DSC01185.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 25
Looks Good kenny.[cl:D
I'm going to be doing some reworking to my door tops as I have a extra set of doors with the bottoms totally gone. I intended to use pieces from the top to fill in the needed lengthened pieces on the chopped ones, but in my excitement I forgot I had them and used the left over chop pieces to fill in the gaps.:eek::(
That's what getting old does to you.:eek: [ddd
[P [P
Torchie

Thanks guys. I bought three doors at a swap meet for a hundred bucks. Money well spent. I didn't cut up the worst one, I used the tops of the first doors for the additional filler pieces. I also have two doors with windows and all the mechanisms that I'm going to use the guts out of. The doors themselves are pretty bad. I have to figure out how to reshape the vent window frames and the upper pivot points. The voices in my head are still arguing about weather or not to put in a bear claw kit instead of the original latches. After that it's rubbers and felts and guilds. LMC seems to have the best prices that I have found so far. Does anyone have any experience with them.

Best way to reshape the vent window frame is to make a pattern to shape and then heat and bend the frames over the pattern, You can drill out the rivets on the pivots and relocate where needed. I didn't touch the pivots on the door just the top pivot on the vent frame.
My F-6 frames were just black steel so I cut and welded them, but the heat and bend is much easier.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back