Comp Thumper Cam?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Has anybody used one of the (fairly) new hydraulic rolller Thumper series cams from Comp Cams? I was considering one for the sbc in my Anglia and thought that I would ask to see if anybody here had tried one yet so I could get a real world opinion.

I haven't heard of them or tried them. I have heard all good reviews about the Extreme energy cams though.(arn't they made by comp)

If it is any help, I have been building SBC`s for years with Comp Cams. Their rollers are top notch. Go for it with complete confidence just make sure you match the needs of the cam via intake, Exhaust, Gear ratio, Tire size..etc. Just ask the cam rep and he can swing you through what you may need.

Thanks for the response Crooser. I'm good with the parts matching. I just have yet to find anyone with any real world expierience with that particular grind. I think I'll try one anyway in a few months as soon as I get caught up on some other projects.

I've found that the cam reps are always conservative, so I go one size up on the cams. I used Isky once with good results, but primarily use Comp Cams. Never used a hydralic roller though, only solids but that car was limited use.

Be interesting to see how you like it. If you do use it, please post pics and recommendations (like if you have to machine the block for a roller thrust bearing, etc....)

Latest posts

Back