Just ordered a 4 post lift.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I've wanted one (or two) of these for a long time. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one. Been researching lifts for some time and decided on the Bend Pak HD9 four post lift. Should be here in about a week.

119842-2.jpg

Boy, do I envy you. We have talked about how handy one of these would be to work on a car without laying on your back. Looks like a good investment.

Don

You'll love it DMW. The bottom of the car gets a whole lot bigger when there's room to work on it on the lift. Plus, you can park a car under it and on it, making much more room in the shop. Congrats.

Thanks guys. I've looked around and yes there are cheaper ones but do I want to risk my life and vehicles on a cheap lift. Heck NO! I've heard good things about Bend Pak and they have a good warranty. Do I need a 9,000# lift when the heaviest car I have in ~3,800#. Not really buy why buy the smallest and regret it later. With a 9,000 I'll have a good margin of safety and never overstress the unit.

What I'd really like is 2 four posters for storage and one two post for working under. I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket now. :rolleyes:

Thats more than I would need.

Yeah, I hear ya about not really wanting to risk a cheaper one. That is something you want to spend the money on for a good one, vs shop budget, which is why I hadn't gotten one yet. Waiting to have enough to get one I can trust. I would like one that I could put my truck on when working on it. It's about 8k lbs, which I am kinda iffy to get under standing in the air anyway, lol.. But that would be way more than enough for my Plymouth which is about 3500 to 4000 I think.. Never really checked it's weight, but I dont figure it's much more than that. Your gonna enjoy that investment I am sure..

Im sure they are safe

Good deal DMW56 !
I bought a 9000 lb 2 post and love it! It has a 34 roadster on it and my 29 under it now while cleaning shop!
Have fun with it and as you already know your back will thank you !

Im sure the two post are safe, but, they just scare me.. When I ever get one, it's gonna be a 4er...

It's the cat's A--

I picked up one a few years back from Greg's garage equipment in Indiana about 2 years ago.... it's a Direct Lift.... 7,000 lbs..... came with two frame lifts to raise the car off the ramps to do brakes, pull wheels and with drip pans and jack trays as well.... wasn't the cheapest but was less than the bend pak's and some of the others..... works great..... I put mine together in a day.... takes minor maintenance and checking the nutz and bolts about every six months depending on use.... even came with some neat casters that allow me to move it around..... nice for cleaning up.. anyway, have fun with it.... (I paid $2500 plus shipping..another $150 thought that wasn't too bad.)

I have the bend pak hd 9 and really like it. I also got the jack for it, that allows me to remove the tires, this has been a great plus. The runners act as a tool bench. My neighbor rolls his around to me it seems to move alot, always having to resquare it, so I anchored mine.

I have been shopping for a lift. I have poured over all the threads I can find about two post and four post on about all the usual sites with threads about lifts. Can't make up my mind yet. Neighbor has a two post Rotary. Good quality and we are an hour from the factory. Either one is a welcome addition to a workshop, that's for sure. What steered ya' towards a four post?

Hey guys... thanks for posting this because I was just starting to look for one for my new garage & this has saved me time! If it'z good enough for DMW... it'z good enough fer the old Tripper!!! :D

BoB

I have been looking at the bend pak hd 9 as well. I like the castors to go with it. Makes moving it around nice. There is a youtube vid of the bend pak hd 9 being moved around with castors. If you get it let us know how it works out.

I have a bend pak 10K 2 post lift and it has been great (6 years now). If you are going to get a 4 poster and do any work on the car then definatly get the jacks with it. I have considered cutting up my frame plate and building it around a 4 post lift. Then after tacking the chassis to the table you could lift it all up to do the underside welding without removing it.

To the post about the Rotary lifts, they are the cadillac of lifts. It is all we use at the dealership and they are excellent. Yes they will be more expensive than the bend pak but for everyday use they are the best. most of your other lifts are patterned after the Rotary unit.

We bought a BendPak HD9XW extra wide,extra tall, extra long from Gregsmith a few months back. Very very happy with it. We ordered the *air can* with it for the safety releases, we didn't feel it was worth the $190 and sent it back. We just leave a hose connected to it to use the safety releases....We lookd at lots of lifts. The Monarch,Rotary,Challenger,etc. The only lift we felt was better would be the Monarch. Now thats a lift! Also 3 times the price. When we did comparisons, the BendPak was the heaviest constructed of those we compared at reasonable prices.

Attachments

• lift.jpg
    lift.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 17
I have a American lift 7000# asymmetrical 2 post and an old Walker muffler lift from the 1940 the has been converted to a skate board(( is like using a 4 post but no full length ramps)) love both and do not know how I lived with out them[cl

Latest posts

Back