body table

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made two for our shop out of Home Depot lumber and Harbor Freight casters. They are about 4 feet long and a couple of feet wide and maybe two feet high. Cost me about $ 100 each but they have been great for storing and working on our bodies. We can roll them outside for painting too.

One thing I did was weld a nut to each caster and put a bolt in the hole so I could tighten it down to act as a brake on each tire to keep it from moving around when you are working on the body. That made it very solid. You can make it whatever size you need for the car you are working on, but I used the dimensions I did so that standard lengths of lumber could be used.

I used carriage bolts to hold it all together and numbered each piece of wood as to where it goes so that we can disassemble them when not needed and stow them away. When it is time to put them back together the numbers take any guess work away of where each board goes.

Don

dansbedinstalled001.jpg

dansbedinstalled003.jpg

They will also hold longer bodies and has never tipped over in either direction.

27puttingpartsonbody009.jpg

I had an old welder cart, cut it in 1/4 and used some old perlins to make the frame.Im thinking of making a bolt on piece to fit what ever body Im working on plus Ive seen one with bars on the side to lay it over on its side.

PICT5842.jpg

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 33
Here's on a guy built to fix the floors of his Jeep wagon. I've built mine but have yet to use it.

Attachments

• TILT-A-RACK UPRIGHT.jpg
    TILT-A-RACK UPRIGHT.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 42
  • TILT-A-RACK.jpg
    TILT-A-RACK.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 59
abody table you put a car body on about 16' or 18' tall with rollers on it so you could move around and work on the body . any ideas? any pictures?

Why so tall? 16-18 feet?? I assume you meant to put " instead of ' ? Indicating inches not feet?

Or are you trying to roll a jumbo jet ??? LOL:p

Latest posts

Back